Rule changes you'd like to see for 18/19 season

I was going to suggest something similar. I genuinely believe this "taking one for the team" bullshit is one of the biggest blights on the game as it happens multiple times in every single match and denies the paying public the chance to see some exciting football for a change.

I'm sick of seeing us having 2-3 players breaking at speed only for some shithouse to "take one for the team" on the halfway line. The foul on Sterling against Southampton on Sunday when he tried to get back to his feet was a prime example.

Everyone seems to have just accepted this as a normal part of the game, but it's a major factor in some of the terrible football that is served up in the Premier League as those breakaway chances could completely change the complexion of a game if they were allowed to progress properly.

I'm not sure a 10-min sin bin would be enough of a deterrent though, and it wouldn't be any deterrent at all in the 89th minute. Personally, I'd send the fuckers off and give them a 3-match ban, but I accept that might be a bit extreme!
There's no attempt by the offender to play the ball, merely to break up play. An off the ball kick by a player, if spotted, often leads to a red card, so what's the difference? It pisses me off when (?) pundits such as Savage and Hoddle say it's a "clever" or "good" foul to give away. It's not. It's cheating, pure and simple.

Not sure if mentioned already but the stupidity of Assistant Referees not flagging for offside even when the offside player is chasing a through ball and is yet to play it even though he clearly is affecting play by running after it. There's also is the issue of defenders needlessly having to tackle attackers at speed and risking injuries to players.

The complete lunacy of it is epitomised by the fact that the Assistant Referee doesn't bother chasing himself and stands where he was. In short, complete madness.

Goalless draw = 1pt
Score draw = 2pts
Home win = 3pts
Away win = 4pts.

Any straight red card foul anywhere on the pitch is a penalty.
Players not retreating 10 yards from the free kick taker, IMMEDIATELY, yellow card.

Not sure if mentioned already but the stupidity of Assistant Referees not flagging for offside even when the offside player is chasing a through ball and is yet to play it even though he clearly is affecting play by running after it. There's also is the issue of defenders needlessly having to tackle attackers at speed and risking injuries to players.

The complete lunacy of it is epitomised by the fact that the Assistant Referee doesn't bother chasing himself and stands where he was. In short, complete madness.
100% this. All it does is waste yet more valuable time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.