Mikel Arteta

Domenec Torrent is Pep's number 2. Arteta is number 3. DT has been with Pep since he coached Barcelona B.
Ok thanks.

So we’re that far in front of arsenal that they’re thinking of making our number 3 coach their manager. How times change.

Arteta has been good with us but Pep has plenty of contacts in the game and some new blood in will help keep it fresh. You could Argue Arteta was more important when Pep was first here as he brought the knowledge of English football but Pep has been here two years now. He knows it well enough. Would love to see one of the Barca legends join our staff so its not all bad if he goes.

I also think its a great move for him. Arsenal can't get much worse, a couple of astute buys he get get them back in the top 4.

i'm surprised he's heavy odds-on fav to be manager at Arse, i didnt think they'd jump in for someone with no managerial experience after years of mediocrity under Arsene. i thought they might chase Emery or Kovac (too late!), is Heynckes going to carry on?

It would be a bold move from Arsenal to appoint Arteta but I think that is what they need at this stage. A rookie manager would probably get more time than a bigger name so maybe by going for Arteta Arsenal reduce expectations with getting back into the top 4 as the main goal.

Arteta seems and intelligent guy and has obtained his Pro license so obviously a self starter (Southgate did not have this when he got the Boro gig). I think if he goes it will be a loss but not a bodyblow. If he feels ready it is a great opportunity but I am sure others would come his way if he chose to stay. Hopefully Pep has a replacement lined up.

Arteta's individual work with the players should be easy enough to replicate. He's doing a good job, but it's basically doing a good job carrying out exactly the tasks Pep has asked him to do.

The question would be what Arteta's imput to the coach is, after these tasks are completed & how much we will miss that side of it.

I am not sure Arsenal will give him this job, but if they do, it's potentially ideal for us, to find out if he's good enough to one day take over from Pep.

As other's point out Arteta is not even City's number 2 but it is clear from various accounts he has done a very good job and fitted in well with Pep's coaching team.

I see it as a huge risk for Arteta and Arsenal if as now seems very likely they give him the job. He may be very talented and they want a head coach now rather than a "manager" but I think it needs someone with experience and even then it will be tough for the first one through the door after Wenger.

From City's point of view, it will be a pity if Arteta goes; especially if he has the makings of a top head coach because promoting from within when Pep leaves has a lot of appeal. However, if City even decide to replace him, there will be plenty of options, whatever type of person they want.

The key is clearly someone who can carry out the job excellently but I'd like to see it be a potential successor to Pep. People are already speculating about getting Iniesta in but my first thought was Terry Henry. Frank Lampard has been discussed as an U18 coach so he might fit the bill if a top ex-player with Premier League experience is being sought. Not that the need for that experience is the same as it was tow years ago. I'm sure I read that Xavi, who speaks good English, was looking to get into coaching. Also, as we have discussed before, Craig Bellamy would be an interesting addition to City's coaching set-up. I've not doubt there are plenty of less high profile guys who are known in coaching circles that could come in too.

As other's point out Arteta is not even City's number 2 but it is clear from various accounts he has done a very good job and fitted in well with Pep's coaching team.

I see it as a huge risk for Arteta and Arsenal if as now seems very likely they give him the job. He may be very talented and they want a head coach now rather than a "manager" but I think it needs someone with experience and even then it will be tough for the first one through the door after Wenger.

From City's point of view, it will be a pity if Arteta goes; especially if he has the makings of a top head coach because promoting from within when Pep leaves has a lot of appeal. However, if City even decide to replace him, there will be plenty of options, whatever type of person they want.

The key is clearly someone who can carry out the job excellently but I'd like to see it be a potential successor to Pep. People are already speculating about getting Iniesta in but my first thought was Terry Henry. Frank Lampard has been discussed as an U18 coach so he might fit the bill if a top ex-player with Premier League experience is being sought. Not that the need for that experience is the same as it was tow years ago. I'm sure I read that Xavi, who speaks good English, was looking to get into coaching. Also, as we have discussed before, Craig Bellamy would be an interesting addition to City's coaching set-up. I've not doubt there are plenty of less high profile guys who are known in coaching circles that could come in too.

It is a strange one imo if Arsenal give him the job.

Pep, at Barca, had at least managed the 2nd team.

Vieira has called them out for contacting him as a 'token gesture' & I'm wonderng if this is the same thing, before they appoint someone like Ancelotti.

Having said that, a young manager who is so glad to get a shot he will not demand huge transfer funds may be reasoning behind it.

I hope Mikel Arteta stays for the foreseeable future. As I think that the club are looking at Patrick and Mikel, to take over the running of the team when and if Pep decides to stand down. I hope that Peps stay at least for another 5/6yrs, before he decides to move on.

Think its a crap move for Arteka, to big a job to soon. He should stay with pep making history for a few more years then access his career while still young.

If he does decide to go then I hope city are as professional as arsenal where with Sanchez, up yours !!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.