England World Cup Squad.

That’s a poor squad quality wise, especially the midfield.
No top class keeper
Walker and Rose the only top class defenders.
Sterling and Kane are top drawer up front but that’s it.
Is Danny Welbeck there for the gags?

England are very unlikely to win the W/C this year. Talent comes and goes though; likely England improves four years hence.

Still - it could be worse. You could live across the pond, in the States (like me).

God help me - I can't see us (the US) - winning the men's WC in my lifetime.

Contrary to popular belief, we actually do produce some good footballers in this country. But we consistently fail to produce managers with one flicker of intelligence behind their skulls. Southgate really has picked an absolute mess of a squad, leaving out some of our best players. He's not thinking out the box or being some sort of iconoclast, he's just a fucking idiot.

The only way England will get anywhere in this world cup is if Dele Alli dives his way to the final.

Wait, why on EARTH is Danny fucking Welbeck in your squad..??

I'm legitimately shocked that he was included.. thought it was absurd that Wilshire would be picked, but looking back, theis is much more absurd. How many games did he even start in, never mind how many goals he had! Shocked.

This tournament is a make do tournament for me. Don't really expect much from the squad. Basically relying on moments of brilliance from Kane and Vardy.

In 4 year's the squad is going to be in with a shot of winning. All of the world cup and European cup winner's in the summer will be 4 year's older and more experienced. Some of the young players are primed to be elite world class player's.

Not sure why Young is there. Midfield just shows why England won't win a world cup anytime soon. We simply don't have a KDB, Silva or Ozil type player. Foden could be the missing link in years to come.

This tournament is a make do tournament for me. Don't really expect much from the squad. Basically relying on moments of brilliance from Kane and Vardy.

In 4 year's the squad is going to be in with a shot of winning. All of the world cup and European cup winner's in the summer will be 4 year's older and more experienced. Some of the young players are primed to be elite world class player's.
The press gave Hodgson an easy ride as it was a young squad....2 years later & loads of friendlies and wasted qualifiers where we could have tried different things we're back to square one without a keeper with any experience.

Usual poor showing coming up.

Was trying to put together some formations for fun and the problem is always the midfield, its really poor. Need one of Lallana, Wilshire or even Shelvey in their imo.

Personally think Pickford is a liability and his distribution is overated but Everton have been pretty shit to maybe unfair on him.

Also assume Southgate will be going 3 at the back based on the mountain of fullbacks he has selected - Walker likely RCB.

Maybe something like this;

------------------------------Pope

-----------Walker----------Stones-------------Jones

Trippier---------Henderson--------Dier---------------Rose

------------------------------Alli

-------------------Sterling-----------Kane

Ideally would like to replace Dier or Henderson with someone who can pass forward (RLC?). Sterling and Alli to play around about Kane like they play at their clubs.

Other option could be push Alli and Sterling back a row and Vardy plays besides Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.