Pep (Sky Interview)

I laughed at the bit where Gary Neville asks Pep "How do you get the players to that ?" and is awaiting some all knowing reply. For Pep to say,
"if they don't, they don't play."

The interviwers were hanging on Pep's every word. I loved the explanation about why we do the short passes to draw players in and make more space for our rapid forwards and also that this makes it easier to win it back if we do lose possession because of the smaller distances. This is a nightmare for our opponents and explains why so many of them sit back but that leaves them exposed to a quick straight pass or chip as we have seen time and again this season.

Good interview.

I try to convince them to run like the most humble team in the world, that is our secret, and they know. If they don't do it they don't play, they go alongside me on the bench.

I wish other managers (Especially our next one) took this on board. I dont ever want to see a player like Bony (or Aguero even) ambling around the pitch waiting for the ball.

notworthy.jpg

I’ve been eulogising pep in work today. Not because I love him (i do) but because he’s the ultimate leader and I was trying to explain ways which we could try and emulate what he has.

1) first and foremost, put the individuals first. Treat them like people, love and care for them
2) give them them something simple to guide every decsion and ask of them. 3/4 guiding principles max and repeat repeat repeat
3) don’t falter, stick to your principles and maintain your quality bar, never ever drop your bar. Be clear the consequences of not attaining it and be happy to part ways if someone isn’t fully bought in. If they are bought in but aren’t quite achieving, go to point 1

I've finally got used to us playing out from the back and can see the point of it. It's interesting that some people that sit near me still want the defenders to clear it out of defence without playing the ball. I could understand this reaction when Pep first arrived but you would think by now they would realise and accept that that is the way we play. It's not going to change so why shout?
They’re probably the same people who were shouting “SHOOT” every time the ball went near Yaya last Wednesday.

I’ve been eulogising pep in work today. Not because I love him (i do) but because he’s the ultimate leader and I was trying to explain ways which we could try and emulate what he has.

1) first and foremost, put the individuals first. Treat them like people, love and care for them
2) give them them something simple to guide every decsion and ask of them. 3/4 guiding principles max and repeat repeat repeat
3) don’t falter, stick to your principles and maintain your quality bar, never ever drop your bar. Be clear the consequences of not attaining it and be happy to part ways if someone isn’t fully bought in. If they are bought in but aren’t quite achieving, go to point 1
Unlike a certain manager just outside the Manchester boundary whose philosophy appears to be "the throwings under the bus will continue until morale improves".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.