Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

Winning 1 nil , great finish by Claire Emslie , bit for the most of that half the women (apart from Emslie , Lawley and Parris) did nothing really. I really don't get Cushing's team selection, no strikers , 3 wingers , a right footed player at left back, and young player at right back, who as 9 caps for England U19, with a right back sat on the bench who as 22 caps for Denmark. No disrespect to Esme Morgan but if you have a international on the the bench ?

With all respect Yeovil are a very poor side. We are making heavy weather of things. Need a serious reappraisal of the whole squad over the summer.

Winning 1 nil , great finish by Claire Emslie , bit for the most of that half the women (apart from Emslie , Lawley and Parris) did nothing really. I really don't get Cushing's team selection, no strikers , 3 wingers , a right footed player at left back, and young player at right back, who as 9 caps for England U19, with a right back sat on the bench who as 22 caps for Denmark. No disrespect to Esme Morgan but if you have a international on the the bench ?

Hi
City now 2 -0 Emslie. You will see from my recent posts that I believe that a new management team is now required to move the women’s team forward next year. Tonight’s selection just bares that view out. I really do not put the blame for the past few months on the players. The main problem is the manager. He does not seam to be able to motivate the players especially if we go behind and his team selection is, as you say, strange to say the least. Anyway I hope they win this and the next game to leave us open for next years Champions league. We will need this to attract new, better players.
Come on City!!

With the league gone I guess he's giving others a game, and to be fair any selection should be beating Yeovil really.

2-0 now, Parris got the second.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.