What has been your worst moment following our club?

As a kid, Ricky Villa and then Raddy Antic.
Absolutely chocked me and still harbour resentment against Spurs and Luton as a result!

Too numerous to mention (sadly) but my earliest was blowing the league in 71-72 when we were cruising and playing well. And finished fourth! And strangely, as already mentioned, the recent loss to the rags jarred enormously. Could and should have stuffed the feckers.

Oh, and Sunderland in the 72-73 FA Cup Fifth Round (replay). Could have been our year.

Plenty of bad ones on the pitch, hated the Spurs cup final when the free kick deflected of Tommy Hutchinson’s shoulder, remember at the final whistle everyone chanting we’ll be back, we’ll be back as a 15 year old gotta admit I had a tear in my eye.

Plenty of bad ones off the pitch as well, one that stands out was playing Carlisle away ( Nicky Reid got sent off ) we’d only bought a platform ticket for the train, gets up to the Lake District and the ticket inspectors were on with the police, 4 of us did the trick of hiding in the toilet, police waited outside we couldn’t afford to pay so they kicked us off at a small station in the middle of nowhere, we jumped on a later train and got to Carlisle and it was snowing, we had left Manchester with only jumpers on, freezing, skint but we had a laugh, just jumped on the special to get back, great days.

Colin getting clattered by Martin Buchan. I thought he might make it back some day.
It's the hope that kills.

In the modern era:

West Ham at home in the FA Cup QF under Pearce. Never been angered by such a terrible performance and fooked off after about 60 mins.
Losing at OT in the semi final of the League Cup in 2010 much to the delight of the rags.
Owen's last minute winner in 2009 - proper choker which we didn't deserve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.