Mikel Arteta

This is like giving an 17 yr old the keys to a Lamborghini.
Talk about in at the deep end...
He has never managed a team ffs!!

Arsenal will still have to pay us compensation for Mikel. If Mikel decides he wants the job then I would put a clause in it, that Arsenal are not allowed to buy any of our players unless they are willing to pay a premium of 25% over our asking for the transfer, for e,g. Arsenal want Sterling our fee would be say £160m so Arsenal would have to pay City £200m. Maybe better still they are not allowed to buy any of our players at all.
I still think this move is to early for Mikel as he has only been coaching for 2yrs at the most and it is a big jump from coaching to managing a big club like Arsenal., and being expected to go out and start winning some trophies more or less straight away

The idea that Arsenal is going to buy any of our players is hilarious

He could turn out to be the new pep, but just as easily be an unmitigated disaster. It is a ridiculous gamble by arsenal. I would be worried sick if they were my club

Looking ahead, if he does go, I’d love city to start to groom Vinny into that role, player coach for a year or two, then full time assistant in peps final year ready to take on the big job

It’s quite early for Arteta, and the job is needing immediate success. Missing out in CL for a few years in a row would be financially devastating to Arsenal, especially with Spurs recent improvements and their new stadium coming on line next season. They do not have the luxury of being in Spurs shadow for a few years while Arteta finds his feet.

However, they have put a structure in place at Arsenal for a coach, with their oversight in the backroom.

funny that arsenal are after signing somebody without a clue in management and only 2 years of coaching under pep its daft. just look at brain kidd at united great coach but when asked to be manager of a football club the lights turned on and panic set in and could not do the job its not the same being manager and boss you can go home without any baggage and blame for the cock ups you make

arteta should stay and work under pep and then look to take over when pep finishes the job and moves on he can only learn more about the game at city then at arsenal and with the arsenal needing a rebuild its never going to be easy at first and the fans will be moaning every week when it goes tits up

Good luck to him if he goes, but the Arsenal job is fraught with problems imo.

Unless the greedy twats in their board release the necessary funds to get players of the right quality remains to be seen. This is not an easy task for a manager with experience so it will be difficult for Arteta to achieve what is required,

If Pep wishes him well, and he chooses to go, then we should accept his decision too,

I thought it was nailed on that he would succeed Pep. He puts on all Pep's sessions - plugged 100 per cent into what Pep wants.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.