Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

Still buzzing about this. These next three years are going to be iconic. Wouldn't be opposed to another 2 year extension, 2 years down the line. The signing of Pep and now the extension is a power move of astronomical proportions.
Pep knows hes in the toughest league in the world managing the club hes going to make better and better, thing is..........

where does he go from here?

sign another extension Pep when the time comes I say.

he wants the european cup with us, i can tell it's a burning passion for him, which is fine with me!!
On the MNF Special this is what was said;

GNeville; “the Premier League or the Champions League, if you had to select one...”

Pep; “The Premier League... no doubt! Will be a huge mistake if you think ‘okay now you have the Premier League now you’re going to focus on the Champions League’ *tut tut tut* would be a big mistake. I’d rather be out of the Champions League and win the Premier League again. I will take right now. The Premier League is the most important thing because it gives you the consistency and arrive in the right moment. The Champions League is so complicated, in one moment *clicks fingers and flicks hand as if to say ‘gone’*, and the teams are so good all of them so the Premier League is the most important.”

I think what he’s saying is that so many teams can win the Champions League but anything can change in an instant, be it a mistake or a referee decision, and anyone can get a favourable draw or just happen to go on a good cup run. It’s a lottery and isn’t a true measure of how good a team is. Winning the league is what it’s all about. If the Champions League was a league format (to qualify for it you have to win/finish high in a league format, and it’s called the Champions LEAGUE, so why is it not a league format?!) you could call the eventual winners the best team in Europe, but when teams 25 and 15 points behind their own league’s winners are competing in the final, you know it’s not about the best, it’s just a good cup run.

Now if you win it numerous times in a short period of time, then you’re talking about a team that can say they are the best or one of the best teams in Europe. Because they are showing a level of consistency like a league format shows. But winning the Champions League once in a period of time, it can just be a good cup run and mean nothing other than a trophy in the cabinet.

If we ever win it, great. If we don’t, so what?!

Pep said I that same interview; “Barcelona first won the Champions League in 1992, from 1955, Sir Alex Ferguson first won it in 1999, from 1985. These things...”

We might not win it under Pep and he’s comfortable with that. You can tell. It’s all about what happens in individual moments and they don’t even have to be moments of brilliance. Christ you can get to the knock-out phase and draw every game 0-0 and win the competition! To win a season long league shows who is the best. You have to score goals and win games. That’s why the Champions League should be for the Champions of leagues only. Even if we made it an eight team competition from the best eight leagues in Europe, make it a league format, home and away, that would be a better competition than we have now. The group stages are like the early rounds of the League Cup, just against some random clubs with funny names and with some very very poor players.

Pep’s right, it’s always about the League.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the MNF Special this is what was said;

GNeville; “the Premier League or the Champions League, if you had to select one...”

Pep; “The Premier League... no doubt! Will be a huge mistake if you think ‘okay now you have the Premier League now you’re going to focus on the Champions League’ *tut tut tut* would be a big mistake. I’d rather be out of the Champions League and win the Premier League again. I will take right now. The Premier League is the most important thing because it gives you the consistency and arrive in the right moment. The Champions League is so complicated, in one moment *clicks fingers*, and the teams are so good all of them so the Premier League is the most important.”

that's fair enough, i still think he plays the press a bit and would absolutely love to prove he can win the euro cup in every country. just an opinion but i'm glad he is applying his drive to us!

For all you Fortnite lovers:-)

1526614083123776146.gif

Nice piece in todays Times about Peps 'love affair with Manchester' and how the happiness of his family in the city was crucial in signing.(behind the firewall sadly). The last sentence: 'Maurinho's job is going to get a lot harder'. Great!

He probably senses that this is the place where he can create his own legacy. Rather than be cast in the shadow of Cruyff, Guardiola is of an age where he can lay his mark on a club and perhaps even English football forever. He could never have done that at Bayern, who were already so established.

I think his decision will also make it exceedingly difficult for other top clubs in England to attract quality foreign managers. If Guardiola continues in a similar vein, you're more or less competing for two cups and closing a gap, which arguably makes managing a top English club a lot less attractive a proposition than it might have been. I thus anticipate rapid turnover in London and maybe even 'there' as well in the coming years.

He probably senses that this is the place where he can create his own legacy. Rather than be cast in the shadow of Cruyff, Guardiola is of an age where he can lay his mark on a club and perhaps even English football forever. He could never have done that at Bayern, who were already so established.

I think his decision will also make it exceedingly difficult for other top clubs in England to attract quality foreign managers. If Guardiola continues in a similar vein, you're more or less competing for two cups and closing a gap, which arguably makes managing a top English club a lot less attractive a proposition than it might have been. I thus anticipate rapid turnover in London and maybe even 'there' as well in the coming years.

pretty much what i was thinking (and probably a lot of others as well) :-)

He could build a dynasty here. We have everything in place for him. God i love this bloody club and all that are connected to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.