Pep (Sky Interview)

I have only caught a bit of it so far but it brought a smile, when that sniveling shit asked Pep what his aim for next season was he replied ` win the league` thus ensuring that the sniveling little shit could not call this season a failure to win the champions league as he had done already

So, Pep gets invited for an interview, he accepts and turns up, 'smart/casual'. Rat boy and his mucker, lose their ties and then set about him.
It looked like Rat boy was an undercover agent for Jose, trying to glean as much information about Pep's tactics, so everybody could take note. Crikey, some of the questions!
You could just feel the enthusiasm coming from Pep, arms going ten to the dozen, when he's talking footie.
"What's your secret?"
"Our biggest secret? To run. Run and be humble. If they don't run, they are sat next to me on the bench!"
I also liked the way he jumped on and re-iterated that the league was the most important trophy of all.
That the CL was a lottery and although we'd try and win every competition, knock-out cups over one game against high quality opposition, could easily see you lose and you accept it.
Our previous manager's have never said that, possibly because they went with the media narrative that the CL was our owners main target.
Rat boy was gutted.
Just a great, great show. Any target signing should be shown that programme. 'Over broken glass they would walk'!

Definitely.

Neville comes off as a bright chap but he's not an innovator or creative in the game of football, that won't magically materialize. Pep is and has always been different, Cruyff picked up on this when he was 19 years of age - takes a genius to recognize it in another

In the world of football punditry maybe. But that's a world occupied by Paul Merson and Robbie Savage so a particularly clever potato would be seen as an intellectual in Neville's position.

I really enjoyed it. I have read the two Ballague books which sets out his principles and some of his methods and gives a good understanding of Peps mercurial personality. You saw it in the documentary but he really didn't give much away that could be used against us. It was obvious Neville knew about Peps positional coaching, the different areas on the pitch, and tried hard to get him to be specific but failed. I did appreciate at least for once questions were about the football rather than the weekly crap he has to put up with in pressers. The gap between Pep and Nevilles insight into football tactics is even larger that that between the Centurions and his beloved Rags. Mind the Gap, Mind the Gap, Gary Neville.....
You should get a hold of the Marti Perarnau books if you haven't already. Both are superb and give a great insight into Pep's mindset.

Good to see. I always get a strange feeling watching his interviews. Almost everything he says is almost word for word what Johan Cruijff was saying regularly in the 80s and 90s in interviews. It's bordering on plagiarism! Good to see the great mans ideals still live on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.