United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this absolute cracker from Jose:

"I still don't understand these words of 'entertaining'. You think 6-0 is entertaining? I don't think so. I think entertaining is emotion until the end, it's the open result until the end, it's everybody on their seats until the end. Both dugouts nervous and tense with the unpredictability of the result - that for me as a football lover is entertaining, so I think so it's going to be entertaining."

So, another jammy 1-0 on the cards!

Jose is so right. It is not games such as City's one-sided annihilation of Watford which as exciting, it was United's epic struggle with WBA at a packed OT which put the smiles on the faces of football fans everywhere, or almost everywhere. The dugouts were incredibly nervous and tense as the minutes ticked by and the match remained in the balance as these two heavyweights (Luke Shaw was playing, wasn't he?) slugged it out. Jose's face in particular was a picture of tension but at the same time satisfaction as he thought of the generous praise he could heap on his players for their gigantic effort. The crowd's emotion reached a peak as the reds' star Belgian striker was thrown into the fray and a series of heroic chips from the half way line arced their way into the Albion's area. Despite using his long levers for greater leverage even Big M's prodigious leaps could not quite enable his head to connect tellingly with the ball. Nevertheless, at the end the crowd rose as one man to acclaim their heroes and Jose could leave the pitch knowing he had treated the crowd to another display of football which they would never forget, to yet another example of the Mourinho /United way. Sir Bobby slept soundly that afternoon knowing his club was in safe hands.

AHLmag.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.