It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For hazard to be on , we will need to sell first...

Sell Gundogan for £40m

Sell assorted youth teamers for another £30m ( eg Maffeo already gone for £10m, the Garcia’s for another £10m , angelino for £10m )

Move Bernardo to be first reserve for Kev and Dave in the middle

Foden gets more first team minutes

Jorginho replaces Gundogan for £53m

Buy hazard for £150m

Net spend of £133m

Sign me up for this any day of the week
£150m - Really

We don't sell if we are buying Hazard, least of all Aguero. It's a nonsensical conversation about him going to Chelsea, it just will not happen. We have not and do not sell our best players, least of all in the same league.

Hazard is exceptional and would be exceptional in this City team. We have Yaya's wages off of the books and are only after one or two players this summer, Jorginho + 1 other. It's an opportunity that no club would decline.

He'd cost a lot but Chelsea have shown over the past four years that if the deal is right then a player can leave. They sold Matic to Jose despite that being a pressing need there.

All said, a lot of dominoes would have to fall just right but if the deal is there it's one we should take ten times out of ten.

I'm not sure about Hazard. Back before he picked Chelsea over us I was desperate for us to sign him and was gutted we missed out. But he isn't half the player he was back then. He never pushed himself to be better, he just settled and stagnated. You hardly ever see him single handedly win Chelsea matches anymore.

Too old? He's 27, same age Yaya was when he arrived.

Too much attitude? Are you joking, he's boring as fuck. Hasn't done anything even remotely interesting since kicking that Swansea ball boy 7 years ago.

Never done anything in the champions league? Nor have any of the other players we're linked with, nor have half our current squad. Liverpool's entire squad had never done anything in the CL before this season either.

I don't see how he could cost us Aguero, he's not a striker, he's said he can't play false 9, so it'll be the wings and the Silva/KDB position he'd be contending for.

How do you know who fucked up the Chelsea dressing room? In 14/15 it was clearly Mourinho who caused everything, and Hazard was playing badly because of a hip injury.

This season it's been very clear Conte wanted out from day 1 when he didn't get who he wanted in the summer, and Chelsea fans say Hazard has carried them all season.

27 is too old to be spending well over 100 million on a player, and yaya is a terrible example. Yes he was great those first four years but he has done very little since, as well as being absolutely useless these past two years. If anything I think that supports my argument when you factor in that Yaya cost us 30 but Chelsea could easily ask 5x that for hazard.

How do you know who didn't fuck up the chelsea dressing room? I think its more than likely the best player on the team played at least some role in stabbing two managers in the back out of 6 years. Yes its speculation but the balance of probability is in my favour. Especially when you look at how much effort he put in against us, didn't even try to carry them in the games that really mattered.

Yes you are correct none of the players we have been linked with has set the world on fire in the champions league, but all of them have played fewer games than Hazard, some have never had the chance to play and in Mahrez case he only got one chance and did pretty well. I accept you can argue this one either way though, I was just reacting to a few people suggesting he could take us to the next level in that competition and I disagree because he's never managed it with chelsea.

The random bloke who started the whole hazard conversation today tweeted he could cost us Aguero, I didn't just pull it out of my arse mate.

I'm not sure about Hazard. Back before he picked Chelsea over us I was desperate for us to sign him and was gutted we missed out. But he isn't half the player he was back then. He never pushed himself to be better, he just settled and stagnated. You hardly ever see him single handedly win Chelsea matches anymore.

He has been an important part of 2 premier league winning sides
He is class
I think he is held back by tactics
It’s hard when your the only one trying to go forward
Put him in a different team he would be better
That said I don’t really see where he fits in at city or Real Madrid

The other angle is that Hazard wants a new Sanchez style 500k PW contract. In fact that's what I'm betting my money on..For 500k I think he'd happily turn his back on the CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.