Today's shooting in America thread

Stupid Fucking post.

Terrorist is a very specific definition - politically or religiously motivated.

If this kid did this in the name of Communism or Christianity he’s a terrorist.

But as there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it, the authorities aren’t linking it to a terror group.

Why can’t people get that into their heads?

What we should be talking about is gun control, that is the major debate here.

Instead of missing the point of a basic definition a 10 year old would know.
Actually, terrorism doesn't have a very specific definition at all. other than that you missed the obvious joke

Apologies if this has already been covered/asked but why is it in the UK we seem to make such a massive deal about American gun control, or lack of? It's nothing to do with us

Apologies if this has already been covered/asked but why is it in the UK we seem to make such a massive deal about American gun control, or lack of? It's nothing to do with us
we shake our heads in disbelief at their lack of action on gun crime i know how to stop it,you know how to stop it but better people than us allow it to continue and its mind boggling..

Because as decent, civilised, rational and intelligent human beings we are shocked to see innocent youths being continually murdered while simply being at school, and staggered that any modern and responsible government would do nothing to tackle it. Especially when there is so much that can and should be done.
Deaths and tragedy do not have to directly a person for them to feel outraged or even moved at all by it. Surely you get that?

Because as decent, civilised, rational and intelligent human beings we are shocked to see innocent youths being continually murdered while simply being at school, and staggered that any modern and responsible government would do nothing to tackle it. Especially when there is so much that can and should be done.
Deaths and tragedy do not have to directly a person for them to feel outraged or even moved at all by it. Surely you get that?
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm as appaled by it as any sane person would be. I just don't understand why we get wall to wall news coverage about it etc. I'm sure they're not the only country with stupid gun laws, it just puzzles me why we get so outraged about it happening in America but there's usually not much said when it happens elsewhere

I'm sure they're not the only country with stupid gun laws, it just puzzles me why we get so outraged about it happening in America but there's usually not much said when it happens elsewhere
Presumably it's related to the fact most other countries with gun issues suffer from drive by shootings, armed robberies, etc. where only one or two people are affected. They also usually only involve hand guns. The US, on the other hand, appears to have a serious issue with mass shootings in schools and the like, which aren't financially-motivated, and they are often committed with the kind of firearms you would expect an on-duty soldier to have to sign paperwork in triplicate to get their hands on. The fact they then have a gun lobby that tries turn the situation on its head doesn't help either.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm as appaled by it as any sane person would be. I just don't understand why we get wall to wall news coverage about it etc. I'm sure they're not the only country with stupid gun laws, it just puzzles me why we get so outraged about it happening in America but there's usually not much said when it happens elsewhere
Tell me where else in the western world there a regular massacres in educational establishments

mate i think you've missed the point i think daz was implying if the shooter was muslim people would automaticly think terrorist...

No I didn’t, I know exactly what he meant.

The reason people think that is because whenever a Muslim usually mass murders the general public it is terrorism.

These school shootings aren’t.

It’s really simple to understand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.