Today's shooting in America thread

I cant mate, I'm not trying to suggest it doesn't matter/ isn't completely disgusting. I'm just curious why people over here seem to care about what happens in America so much
From my perspective, I can understand things like industrial accidents in say China where they are trying to develop safe practice, I can understand armed robbery in South Africa where someone has a handgun, but I find it hard to accept someone walking into a school with a scoped automatic weapon. I just can't understand the reluctance to address an issue that causes so many deaths.

From my perspective, I can understand things like industrial accidents in say China where they are trying to develop safe practice, I can understand armed robbery in South Africa where someone has a handgun, but I find it hard to accept someone walking into a school with a scoped automatic weapon. I just can't understand the reluctance to address an issue that causes so many deaths.
It's quite simple really.
The manufacture and supply of weapons keeps people employed.
The politics of fear encouragespeople to buy the weapons.
The children and others are expendable collateral damage.

That's a good point, it makes no sense why they've not sorted it out by now. It just makes me wonder sometimes when, for example, all those kids got kidnapped from school in Nigeria it was kind of like a passing news story. But whenever it happens in America theres outrage and we hear about it for days. Maybe it's because were both "western" countries I suppose? I'm not sure why that would matter though

That's a good point, it makes no sense why they've not sorted it out by now. It just makes me wonder sometimes when, for example, all those kids got kidnapped from school in Nigeria it was kind of like a passing news story. But whenever it happens in America theres outrage and we hear about it for days. Maybe it's because were both "western" countries I suppose? I'm not sure why that would matter though
I don’t agree. Anything less than 15 deaths barely makes the news these days in this country.

Do you really need to wonder why that happened?

The whole 'I expected better of you' thing I guess. Probably the UK's number one excuse for divorce too.
Do you really need to wonder why that happened?
Yeah, I don't see why one should be given more coverage/ attract more outrage than the other. Maybe like another poster said, it's because we expect more from America, but at this point I'm not sure we do/ should

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.