Today's shooting in America thread

Hey. it's all ok. For one month, one European city (London) had a higher murder rate than one American city (New York). There's nothing wrong with American guns laws. Of course we send the dead kids our "thoughts and prayers". I am sure they will be cool with that. Americans = shit for brains.

Stupid Fucking post.

Terrorist is a very specific definition - politically or religiously motivated.

If this kid did this in the name of Communism or Christianity he’s a terrorist.

But as there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that it, the authorities aren’t linking it to a terror group.

Why can’t people get that into their heads?

What we should be talking about is gun control, that is the major debate here.

Instead of missing the point of a basic definition a 10 year old would know.
When the lunatic shot up an abortion clinic, it was terrorism. Plain and simple. But he was white so he was described as having mental issues.

Yeah, I don't see why one should be given more coverage/ attract more outrage than the other. Maybe like another poster said, it's because we expect more from America, but at this point I'm not sure we do/ should
It’s because we share a culture with America.

They have somewhat similar demographics. They speak the same language. Much of our media and film is imported from America. We are closer, culturally, to the US than we are to any other country in the world. As such, when such abhorrent crimes happen on monthly basis, it strikes home more deeply than it would were they to happen in Tanzania.

Feel the same way about gang bangers?
Great whataboutery. You may note three things:

1) he probably does feel that way about gang bangers.

2) what they do is already illegal hence the US having the highest percentage of citizens locked up in jail in the first place.

3) it has fuck all to do with the point at hand.

When the lunatic shot up an abortion clinic, it was terrorism. Plain and simple. But he was white so he was described as having mental issues.

I think a pretty strong arguement could be made for the perpetrator of any terrorist act having mental issues whatever their race/creed/belief/reasons.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...dan-patrick-lieutenant-governor-a8358691.html

Texas’s lieutenant governor reacted to a deadly school shooting by suggesting schools have too many doors.

“We may have to look at the design of our schools moving forward and retrofitting schools that are already built. There are too many entrances and too many exits”, Dan Patrick said during a press conference after a gunman killed at least 10 people at a high school in Santa Fe, Texas.

Wow. Just wow.

Yeah, I don't see why one should be given more coverage/ attract more outrage than the other. Maybe like another poster said, it's because we expect more from America, but at this point I'm not sure we do/ should

There could be other reasoning behind the lack of coverage of the recent kidnappings in Nigeria, especially when you look back at other the incidents carried out by Boko Haram there.
For the last 10 years or so Boko Haram have been targeting schools and were conducting school massacres on a quite regular basis. They would go armed into schools, send the female pupils home, then massacre the male students & teachers. Hundreds of pupils & teachers were killed but very little (if any at all) was reported by the Western media or noticed in the West.

It was only with the mass kidnapping of the 300 girls in 2014 that the world sat up and started to take note of what was actually happening in Nigeria, resulting in things like the #bring-our-girls-home mass social media campaign etc.

Its likely the latest kidnappings are due to the 'success' of the previous kidnappings in drawing worldwide attention to their organisation, especially when previous school mass murders received little attention here in the West.
Therefore there could be a conscious effort by the media to limit the exposure or purposefully downplay the incident in fear that it might encourage further incidents.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.