Pep's contract situation

A pleasant surprise for me - hopefully Pep has the stamina/motivation to keep him at City until at least 2021.

I'm really looking forward to next season and am genuinely intrigued about who we'll bring in during the next window.

Even old bacon face himself said that the league was the real measure of the best team.

Of course he did. Everyone knows it. That's why any talk of the dippers being on the same level as our team in the event that they win the thing is baloney.

I do notice, though, that younger fans, under say 30, are more seduced by the bright lights of the CL, and actually tend to think that it's on a level with the PL in importance. For the purposes of global branding which, whether we like it or not, is part of what the game's about these days, the CL does carry weight worldwide. We do I think need to win it at some point.

Of course he did. Everyone knows it. That's why any talk of the dippers being on the same level as our team in the event that they win the thing is baloney.

I do notice, though, that younger fans, under say 30, are more seduced by the bright lights of the CL, and actually tend to think that it's on a level with the PL in importance. For the purposes of global branding which, whether we like it or not, is part of what the game's about these days, the CL does carry weight worldwide. We do I think need to win it at some point.

I think in the same context though City fans play it down more than it deserves too. Premier League is bread and butter and should be for anyone. You start your season to win the league you are playing in week in week out and to be the best. A close second is then the Champions League. I'd imagine once we win it we would think differently about it as fans.

I think in the same context though City fans play it down more than it deserves too. Premier League is bread and butter and should be for anyone. You start your season to win the league you are playing in week in week out and to be the best. A close second is then the Champions League. I'd imagine once we win it we would think differently about it as fans.
If we won it and came 4th in the league would I think we were the best texamples in Europe ? No

If we won it and came 4th in the league would I think we were the best texamples in Europe ? No

I don't mean that, it isn't what i meant as it is madness to think that. It is pot luck and quite often is won by a team who hasn't even been the best in their league yet alone the best in Europe. My point is I think if we won it as a fanbase we wouldn't downplay it as much as we are doing now. We are doing it now 1. As we won the top prize, 2. To downplay them horrible scouse rats achievements if they won it and 3. as it is something we haven't won or come close to winning.

I don't mean that, it isn't what i meant as it is madness to think that. It is pot luck and quite often is won by a team who hasn't even been the best in their league yet alone the best in Europe. My point is I think if we won it as a fanbase we wouldn't downplay it as much as we are doing now. We are doing it now 1. As we won the top prize, 2. To downplay them horrible scouse rats achievements if they won it and 3. as it is something we haven't won or come close to winning.
I think I'll always be a bit cold to it but I love European away breaks, I might change if we win it but I doubt it, it's just a cup with some dubious practices in the background IMHO.

The title Champions League is bollocks. It's a Cup comp with a fairly predictable preamble and, as you say, some dubious practices.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.