Mikel Arteta

It looks increasingly like Arteta is on the way out but having thought about it I'm less concerned than I was originally, he was helpful to Pep to help him settle and understand the league but Pep is fully adjusted and then-some now. He seems to have been a big help to certain players but it might actually be good for them to have a fresh set of eyes and ideas of how they can improve their individual games.

Thinking of replacements, maybe Yaya will stick around and see what he can offer but without knocking him it would need him to improve his communication skills drastically if he is serious about going into coaching. Zaba I think would be a great coach if he's ready to go into coaching but I think he promised the wife they could move to Barca so she can finally pursue her career.

Edit: Can't believe I missed this

If true Iniesta could turn out to be a huge upgrade, our Phil could learn so much from him too.

Long term the more I look at it I see Fernandinho as the player who seems to have all the right qualities(perhaps moreso than Vieira?), although I'm no director of football the qualities that seem important looking from the outside seem to be:

His intelligence and speed of learning - The way he took to Peps tactics, adapted to different positions to a high level.

Experience and respect - You can see he has a presence, players respect him because from his time in Brazil, Ukraine and England he has played in so many positions to a high level, he understands the game and readily takes on new ideas.

The best communicator - Already speaks several languages, already giving players advice to understand what Pep wants of them better. Quite a lot of players mention him as someone who helped them settle too.

He's also said in the past if I remember it right that he plans on retiring in England, so he obviously likes it here if that's the case.

Last edited:
If Mr Arteta goes to the Gunners, I guess it will be as "Head Coach".

I think the old fashioned idea of a "Manager" who controls everything at a club is over now.

Mr Wenger might have been one of the last ones...

But of course, I don't know for sure.

JJ

Arsenal won't make the same mistakes as the rags post baconface, they will reorganize their setup so his duties will be coaching only.
With a bit of luck I reckon he will be a success.

Shame if he goes as praise is so but you can’t begrudge him if he does, superb move for him. Hope he does well

I dont like Arsenal, last thing I want is Arteta to go there and rebuild them and make them a title contender. So if he goes there I hope he is gonna fail slowly meaning 2 years of nearly top4 for Arsenal which doesnt gonna get him the sack yet and third season a 9th place finish.:)

Imo under Wenger they were so low in mentality and tactically a lot of times its gonna be hard for Arteta not to improve that with some fresh air and fresh ideas.

He can go with all my very best blessings if we get Iniesta as his replacement.
The dream just keeps getting better and better!!

Good luck to Arteta, but I have a feeling it will go belly up, my opinion he hasn't got enough experience, and people can say well Pep didn't have any experience managing Barcelona, at least Pep started off with the B team to give him a steady footing, the tarquins for which my cousin is one of them really don't want him, and will be on his back as soon as players are bought, games are lost/drawn etc, Arteta needs to stay put imo.

If Arteta goes and Iniesta comes in it could make a big difference. Imagine that guy with his winning mentality and Champions League experience.

I can't see this. Arsenal's board seem to be all about making money. I think they'll hire someone with much more experience than Arteta.

Zaba I think would be a great coach if he's ready to go into coaching but I think he promised the wife they could move to Barca so she can finally pursue her career.

Can you expand on this please ?

I will be gutted if Zabs is not returning to our club in a coach role.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.