Pep signs new contract until 2025 (p 1262)

If the Napoli team we beat twice, playing as they were at that time, was in the final, I would be expecting them to win it.

Also, imo, if you swapped City & Liverpool's original draw, we would have been playing Shakhtar in the quarter final, not Liverpool.

And Mo Salah would still be p.o.t.y.

Of course he did. Everyone knows it. That's why any talk of the dippers being on the same level as our team in the event that they win the thing is baloney.

I do notice, though, that younger fans, under say 30, are more seduced by the bright lights of the CL, and actually tend to think that it's on a level with the PL in importance. For the purposes of global branding which, whether we like it or not, is part of what the game's about these days, the CL does carry weight worldwide. We do I think need to win it at some point.
Winning it a regularly getting to finals might do good things for your profile, but winning it in a one-off fluke doesn't really, unless you can back it up. You didn't see many kids wearing Porto shirts after they won it.

After wasting 90 minutes of my day watching the other two successful teams in this country bore me to death I hope we give the guy 100 mil a year to stay forever. I hope the day he leaves is a long long long time away.

I think in the same context though City fans play it down more than it deserves too. Premier League is bread and butter and should be for anyone. You start your season to win the league you are playing in week in week out and to be the best. A close second is then the Champions League. I'd imagine once we win it we would think differently about it as fans.

Completely agree. Its a fantastic competition and Id love to see us win it. Just because we have been terrible in it lets not be bitter as we sound hypocritical and just as bad as other clubs down playing our achievements this season.

(I know seeding and fines etc have gone against us but my point still stands. If we would have won it a couple of times wed ve delighted as a fan base).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.