Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than rewarding some of the worst dives ive ever seen by Young, ignoring some which should have meant a booking and refusing along with VAR to give a penalty for his handball he did well i agree frank.

Thats exactly the reply he was looking for.

Definitely.
Of the missed challenges involving City, I have the impression most were away form home (Cardiff, WBA, Newcastle, Palace). The Young/Aguero assault was obviously at home but were many others?

Away, the Kompany early foul vs Leicester went in our favour, and we didn't get one from Ake at Bournemouth.

I don’t know what you mean by missed challenges. Kane and Alli should both have been given straight reds at our place. Neither was missed because both got yellows but the decision was wrong. Most of the straight reds that should have been shown were correctly given as fouls, even if red cards should have been given. Probably more were away than at home and I don’t recall many horrors at home beyond the two spurs and young/aguero but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more than those three at home where a red should have been shown but wasn’t.

I don’t know what you mean by missed challenges. Kane and Alli should both have been given straight reds at our place. Neither was missed because both got yellows but the decision was wrong. Most of the straight reds that should have been shown were correctly given as fouls, even if red cards should have been given. Probably more were away than at home and I don’t recall many horrors at home beyond the two spurs and young/aguero but I wouldn’t be surprised if there were more than those three at home where a red should have been shown but wasn’t.

I remember the thigh high tackle on Brahim Diaz as a spectacularly bad one just after the lad had come on. Can't remember the game but it got only a yellow.

I remember the thigh high tackle on Brahim Diaz as a spectacularly bad one just after the lad had come on. Can't remember the game but it got only a yellow.
West Brom, it was Matt Phillips. McClean should have seen red in that game too for trying to cripple De Bruyne.

By 'missed' I had meant those which didn't result in the red card they should have.
As I said, it was an impression I had. Doesn't mean the impression was right.

By 'missed' I had meant those which didn't result in the red card they should have.
As I said, it was an impression I had. Doesn't mean the impression was right.

Not saying you are wrong, probably the majority were away

Either way we’ve been fucked over on a pretty regular basis ever since the Mane red card

To give the handball through VAR would have been improper use of VAR, despite the fact that it most likely was a penalty. So the ref got that one right, perversely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.