Fans attack visiting team bus in France

We should never have played the dippers that night,if UEFA had any bollocks they would have cancelled and made an example of the dippers
Absolutely spot on.. several thousand grown up people who should know better turned up to intimidate our team as it arrived for a football match.. the situation quickly developed into one in which between one and two thousand individual criminal acts (as in, you try lobbing a brick or can or whatever at the 103 bus leaving Piccadilly and see how long it takes for you to be brought up before The Beak..) combined to damage the team bus and affect our team’s performance.. and all under the less than watchful eye of the Merseyside police.. Frankly, I don’t expect UEFA to do much about it.. but if anything similar happens again to any other team, I’d hope that the example of Le Havre’s management saying ‘No, this is not acceptable’ is one that is replicated by those on the receiving end..

Last edited:
Might not be a popular opinion here but I don't think the bus attack affected the outcome of the game, the referee's and lineman's decisions on the other hand....

Don't get me wrong they should be punished for it and I'll be watching how UEFA handle that after the final is out of the way but I'm not sure our players would have even taken the option of postponing the game even if they offered. Unless it was to gain an advantage of not having to play United sandwiched between the CL ties?

Might not be a popular opinion here but I don't think the bus attack affected the outcome of the game, the referee's and lineman's decisions on the other hand....

Don't get me wrong they should be punished for it and I'll be watching how UEFA handle that after the final is out of the way but I'm not sure our players would have even taken the option of postponing the game even if they offered. Unless it was to gain an advantage of not having to play United sandwiched between the CL ties?
You are probably right about it not affecting the result. Neverthe less, we should have told UEFA official, that our players were in no fit state to play. Would have been a good tactic to deflate the dippers. If UEFA insisted on going ahead, we would have had a good case for a replay. Missed a trick.

UEFA should have punished Liverpool immediately after the coach attack at Anfield as there was always the danger it could be copied elsewhere.

Agree. Reckon most city players on that bus had there headphones on and just laughed at the idiots that threw some stuff at the coach.

Agree. Reckon most city players on that bus had there headphones on and just laughed at the idiots that threw some stuff at the coach.

Clearly not given the footage and comments from City staff from inside the coach that night.

Did you see Peps anger as they got off at the stadium?

Clearly not given the footage and comments from City staff from inside the coach that night.

Did you see Peps anger as they got off at the stadium?
Again, spot on.. The response to this from many quarters has ranged from ‘Ignore it’ (the media etc) to ‘Oh, it was just a few bad apples in the crowds of Liverpool fans who gathered, throwing a few things at a bus..’ Well, it wasn’t. It was an orchestrated attempt to intimidate their opposition, leading to, I repeat, more than a thousand individual criminal acts, some of which could’ve had more serious consequences had the coach fuel line been breached. Le Havre suffered a less intense, yet still a copycat assault on their bus and their management did the right thing in saying ‘This is not acceptable’ If Liverpool, Ajaccio and their fans escape severe punishment, then the wrong signal will be sent out to the rest of football.

That incident at Liverpool should have been dealt with immediately by UEFA, them not doing so sent out a signal to other fans that it's an acceptable tactic to use to gain an advantage over the opponents.
These things will happen more and more now, all because the dickhead Scousers are desperate to feel relevant.

It all kicked off on the pitch this time tonight.

Four players sent off in extra time, Le Havre scored a penalty to make it 2-1 in ET but Ajaccio have just scored a 125th minute screamer to equalise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.