19 years ago today

Lady luck was with us that day thats for sure. Got way with that stone wall penalty from Hinchcliffe's lunge. The Commentator made me laugh "I've seen them given " like it was even a close call.
Back in those days City always seem to do things the hard way. Little did we know what drama laid ahead following this game. It was pure theatre and gut wrenching.

Last edited:
Lady luck was with us that day thats for sure. Got way with that stone wall penalty from Hinchcliffe's lunge. Commentator made me laugh "I've seen them given " like it was even a close call. Atmosphere was cracking that day.
Just going to post the same thing - stone wall penalty.

We couldn't get tickets for the first leg so sat In our usual seats in the Kippax and watched it on a big screen with the rest of the ground empty.

One of my more surreal moments being a City fan. Especially when Weaver and Wiekens gifted Wigan an early goal.

Listen to the crowd on that video. We don't get that amount of passion across the whole ground anymore.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.