Israel-Palestine Conflict

Falastin was not named after the area, it was named after the country.

Here's the letter by Albert Einstein:

And from the letter, I bring your attention to the line below, because even Albert Einstein and the community then referred to the region as Palestine, the country.
You need to look up the multiple definitions of the word country and not assume he means the one that suits your narrative.

Like I said, they are primitive but deadly. As a former soldier, if I was on guard and someone fired one of them at me, they would be getting a couple of rounds in return.

Glad that’s the only point your simple mind picked up on in my post.

My simple mind has already worked out that the Israeli goverment is murdering Palestinians. If i child throws a rock, a sniper will return with a bullet. As you said in your earlier post and this one you have no problem with this.

Good for you.

Not in the slightest. It’s your understanding I’m questioning.

What else can a country mean?

You are indulging in a frenzy of whatabouterism here. 10 out of 10 people you ask will know what a country means. Dictionaries going back several centuries will know what a country means. If you read Einstein letter, you would know what he means.

what else does the word country mean?

And you've been disputing stats and facts from established sources, yet have not come out with your own, only commenting that these states are unreliable.

So far your contribution to this argument is that this and that concrete and tangible are unreliable, then being vague about your own opinions only clinging on the extent that there are other reasons, reasons that are hitherto unknown.

There are more than 238 academic peer-reviewed publications spanning decades on the overpopulation of Gaza, yet you refute every single one of these academic minds. Your justification? Because you believe they are all wrong. Ok professor.

There are more than a thousand dictionaries that defines 'country' and certainly Einstein knows what it means. Yet you belief Einstein has a veiled understanding of what it is and that he was insinuating something else to Isa el Issa. Your justification? because you believe my understanding of it is wrong. Einstein himself described how Jews will be a good contribution to the Palestine community. It's plain as day to see what he meant.

You also were wrong on Falastin as Palestine Post. Then you backtracked on your statements.

So far you have refuted these concrete, academic and tangible knowledge, yet do not produce any of your own. Show me someone's analysis of Einstein's paper that explains what 'country' is other than its common definition. Show me academic articles that assure Gaza is not overpopulated, in fact underpopulated. Show me ancient maps that has Israel written on them instead of Paelestina or Falastin. Show everyone what you base your claims on.

What else can a country mean?

You are indulging in a frenzy of whatabouterism here. 10 out of 10 people you ask will know what a country means. Dictionaries going back several centuries will know what a country means. If you read Einstein letter, you would know what he means.

what else does the word country mean?

And you've been disputing stats and facts from established sources, yet have not come out with your own, only commenting that these states are unreliable.

So far your contribution to this argument is that this and that concrete and tangible are unreliable, then being vague about your own opinions only clinging on the extent that there are other reasons, reasons that are hitherto unknown.

There are more than 238 academic peer-reviewed publications spanning decades on the overpopulation of Gaza, yet you refute every single one of these academic minds. Your justification? Because you believe they are all wrong. Ok professor.

There are more than a thousand dictionaries that defines 'country' and certainly Einstein knows what it means. Yet you belief Einstein has a veiled understanding of what it is and that he was insinuating something else to Isa el Issa. Your justification? because you believe my understanding of it is wrong. Einstein himself described how Jews will be a good contribution to the Palestine community. It's plain as day to see what he meant.

You also were wrong on Falastin as Palestine Post. Then you backtracked on your statements.

So far you have refuted these concrete, academic and tangible knowledge, yet do not produce any of your own. Show me someone's analysis of Einstein's paper that explains what 'country' is other than its common definition. Show me academic articles that assure Gaza is not overpopulated, in fact underpopulated. Show me ancient maps that has Israel written on them instead of Paelestina or Falastin. Show everyone what you base your claims on.
A few definitions here
A country is a region that is identified as a distinct national entity in political geography. A country may be an independent sovereign state or one that is occupied by another state, as a non-sovereign or formerly sovereign political division, or a geographic region associated with sets of previously independent or differently associated people with distinct political characteristics.
I didn’t confuse the newspapers, you misinterpreted my post.
Back to the maps. There is no consistency in the four maps.
The first map inaccurately compares Jewish owned land with non-Jewish owned land and assumes all non-Jewish owned land is Palestinian owned, whereas the reality was that much of the land was owned by absentee landlords from Cairo, Damascus and Istanbul and large areas of the Negev desert weren’t owned by anyone. The second map reflects a UN plan that was rejected by the Arabs and was never reflected by either land ownership or political control. The third map reflects political control only, except it gets the West Bank and Gaza wrong as they were controlled by Jordan and Egypt respectively, and does not reflect anything to do with land ownership as there are still many Arab towns and villages within Israel. The final map is an inaccurate representation of the current political control and again does not bear any relationship to land ownership.
So basically the maps pick and choose facts to reflect the narrative.

Last edited:
I've limited sympathy for the dead in this most recent outbreak of mayhem.
Even with the heavily right on reporting it's clear that the Israelis are under fire from sling propelled rocks, molotovs and various other nasties intended to harm, maim and kill.
If the Israelis response was a few mortar platoons, some heavy automatic weapons and even artillery I think it could be termed disproportionate, but they've basically stuck to rifles and pretty restrained use of them too with only 50 dead. They could have easily mowed down the whole mob attacking the border.

As the great Sean Connery once said never bring a rock to a gunfight

I agree it was disproportionate but to suggest the soldiers on the ground should refuse to comply with the orders being given by ranking officers and political leaders is frankly pie in the sky and doesn't reflect how all armed forces operate and that was my point.

If a war crimes court feels it can take senior Israel commanders to court for war crimes then the best of luck to them. I will wager though the IDF bods on the ground are much like our own, just following orders and i dont see anyone clamouring to see all of our boys and girls dragged to the hague and for good reasons.

No because ours don’t shoot protestors.

No because ours don’t shoot protestors.

Thankfully ours and we are not involved in an Israel/Palestine type conflict but god forbid we ever were i can guarantee that if the orders were given.....they would and that was my only point here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.