Referees/Officials 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
To give the handball through VAR would have been improper use of VAR, despite the fact that it most likely was a penalty. So the ref got that one right, perversely.

Completely disagree.

Why because we will see similar instances where the ref like yesterday goes to his mike and VAR and a penalty, rightly so is awarded because as you say, it was most likely a penalty, one he missed in real time.

It was a clear handball and a stonewall penalty and despite VAR, Young and utd (surprise surprise) got away with it.

The only way VAR will work is for it to be screened in the grounds so that matchday fans can see what is being looked at and the officials communications broadcast as well.

No hiding place then for them.

Completely disagree.

Why because we will see similar instances where the ref like yesterday goes to his mike and VAR and a penalty, rightly so is awarded because as you say, it was most likely a penalty, one he missed in real time.

It was a clear handball and a stonewall penalty and despite VAR, Young and utd (surprise surprise) got away with it.

The only way VAR will work is for it to be screened in the grounds so that matchday fans can see what is being looked at and the officials communications broadcast as well.

To many variables in that hand ball like the var referee might of thought he tried to kick the ball on his hand plus it was very close, it’s was a tough call but if it was at the other end would it of been the same decision? Not sure.

To many variables in that hand ball like the var referee might of thought he tried to kick the ball on his hand plus it was very close, it’s was a tough call but if it was at the other end would it of been the same decision? Not sure.

Young clearly moves his hand towards the ball and immediately looks back to the ref because he knows what he has done mate.

It was a stonewall penalty but it makes the game 2-0 in all probability and as far as game management goes, probably not the best call for the ref to make yesterday what with sponsors and tv companies pulling the shots.

Had it been the other end and a chance for 1-1..........given and or changed by VAR all day long.

Completely disagree.

I don't agree it was stonewall. I don't think I'm alone. The referee might not have thought it wasn't so blatant as call it a clear and obvious error. As waspish says there were enough variables to argue it might not have been a deliberate handball, even if it was.

Also to save time for both of us, I don't think you can persuade me that it was a stonewall penalty. And I don't think I can persuade you the reverse.

I don't agree it was stonewall. I don't think I'm alone. The referee might not have thought it wasn't so blatant as call it a clear and obvious error. As waspish says there were enough variables to argue it might not have been a deliberate handball, even if it was.

When you see some of the handballs given by PL refs compared to what we saw yesterday and what he saw yet again via VAR them i'm gobsmacked, if not surprised (see my post above) it wasn't given.

When you see some of the handballs given by PL refs compared to what we saw yesterday and what he saw yet again via VAR them i'm gobsmacked, if not surprised (see my post above) it wasn't given.
I'm with you if you're saying the lack of consistency makes the whole process far uglier than it needs to be, 100%. That's absolutely a problem now and going forward if unaddressed.

But as an isolated incident you know how I feel.

I'm with you if you're saying the lack of consistency makes the whole process far uglier than it needs to be, 100%. That's absolutely a problem now and going forward if unaddressed.

But as an isolated incident you know how I feel.

Fans will accept it isnt and never can be 100% but for it to be seen working and fair then absolute transparency is going to be needed and as i say, all video reviewed by the VAR have to also be seen by the crowd and tv audience if on and all communications heard similar.

Without it we might as well ditch it now.

"Handball" has been so muddied by the media. But that for me was deliberate handball. Young made sure there was no way the ball was getting passed him
and even moved his hand to the ball, to make sure. The true definition of "Handball".

watch the penalty Oliver gave to the rags against Leicester for Simpson's handball early in the season, and compare it to Young's, and then try and come up with an explanation as to why he's given the top gig when he's such an "inconsistent" ref.

Completely disagree.

One of the reasons I think it has been stonewalled is that it removes another hiding place for officials to explain away incorrect decisions. And the game has turned for more than a century on doing just that, whether it was another 'honest' mistake or a deliberate attempt to subvert a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.