New Kits 2018/19

s-l225.jpg

Are those away kits real or shopped?

Sadly I assume shopped, the third of them is brilliant proper throw back, second ones not shabby either.
These are shopped yes, as I made them last year, seems as though they might have looked at them given the limited edition kit they just put out

Because the goal of the kit designer is to create a shirt that is just different enough to possibly warrant supporters purchasing a new one next year, whilst making it as cheap to produce as possible.

Quality designs are not the focus, as much as we would like them to be (or should be, ideally).
That’s not true though is it? If you look at our third kit, it’s been black/green, orange and purple and ghost green in th last 3 seasons.

That’s not true though is it? If you look at our third kit, it’s been black/green, orange and purple and ghost green in th last 3 seasons.

last year's was an oddly dull one, but the other few have been highlighter colour kits to appeal to the kids market, which is fine, but they'll buy anything bright. Home kit is different because it usually completely sky blue every season.

I think the third kit is a prime example of what I was explaining, actually. For the past few seasons the third kit has been exactly the same (no exaggeration) as every other Nike outfitted club, just with a different colourway. Now, all of Nike’s clubs generally get the same home and away templates, of course, but they do change the collar or sleeves or main body pattern (or all of them) to differentiate a bit from kit to kit (though, even that plays to my assertion, as Nike creates templates that can be manufactured at extremely large scale no matter the slight variation). But the third kits are not changed at all save the fabric dye and printing accent colours. We were the same as Barca, Roma, Chelsea, etc. We even looked almost identical to Chelsea in every way because they had black and we had a dark green that in most light looked black.

As I said, designers jobs these days are more production management than creative endeavour, as sad is that is to we supporters looking for a little artistic license and unique wares.

New barca kit looks nice. Don't see why ours is so awful while they get a nice one.

The new Barca shirt is almost a good one but the whole kit is an abomination - you should have heard my fashion conscious daughter last night, who rightly, imo, pointed out that the use of a different blue for the shorts and socks to the shirt is a dreadful idea. I actually prefer the shades used on the socks but using a bit of it on the neck of the shirt doesn't work well.

I think the third kit is a prime example of what I was explaining, actually. For the past few seasons the third kit has been exactly the same (no exaggeration) as every other Nike outfitted club, just with a different colourway. Now, all of Nike’s clubs generally get the same home and away templates, of course, but they do change the collar or sleeves or main body pattern (or all of them) to differentiate a bit from kit to kit (though, even that plays to my assertion, as Nike creates templates that can be manufactured at extremely large scale no matter the slight variation). But the third kits are not changed at all save the fabric dye and printing accent colours. We were the same as Barca, Roma, Chelsea, etc. We even looked almost identical to Chelsea in every way because they had black and we had a dark green that in most light looked black.

As I said, designers' jobs these days are more production management than creative endeavour, as sad is that is to we supporters looking for a little artistic license and unique wares.

I think that sums it up. These templates are to aid mass production.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.