Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less so under rating and more so trying to find where he fits unless we move things around.

Put simply, we currently have 1 LW and 2 RW, so we need another player to play LW, not RW.
Now as people have said, shift Sterling left and now we have 2 and 2, but Mahrez seems too similar to Bernardo.

But I also think Mahrez can play in David Silva's role as well (same as Hazard mind you) so we will have options in the squad.

So Mahrez can play in David Silva’s position and not RW???? Hahaha

I like this wonderful idea that most players can play in David Silva’s position. Especially Hazard. Someone who works little defensively is now going to morph into a tackling midfielder. Seriously over rating Hazard’s passing if you think he can play midfield for Pep as well.

I don’t know where every one is getting these ideas from, I guess FIFA because you surely can’t come up with it by actually watching matches.

Less so under rating and more so trying to find where he fits unless we move things around.

Put simply, we currently have 1 LW and 2 RW, so we need another player to play LW, not RW.
Now as people have said, shift Sterling left and now we have 2 and 2, but Mahrez seems too similar to Bernardo.

But I also think Mahrez can play in David Silva's role as well (same as Hazard mind you) so we will have options in the squad.

You forgot Brahim Diaz.
Also Sterling can play left wing as well.

None of the players you mention - Sane, Sterling or Bernardo were great when they came here. Pep made a difference and that difference would make Mahrez stand out.
Erm. Bernardo handed us (and Guardiola) our arses in the Champion's League.

Seen people arguing that Mahrez doesn't have any pace, and I agree he's not blistering like Kyle or Leroy but he has more than enough to be effective. Leicester play on the counter attack after all, he's just got pace similar to say Kev or Ferna. Here he is counter attacking against us and not exactly being left in the dirt:

original

Even if he couldn't keep up with Leroy hitting warp speed he has fantastic vision and passing ability so he can pick players out:

Oh and just while I was searching for those I found some evidence of him tracking back and doing the kind of snatching tackles our attacking players have become so adept at in Pep's system:

1wglz3.gif

So Mahrez can play in David Silva’s position and not RW???? Hahaha

I like this wonderful idea that most players can play in David Silva’s position. Especially Hazard. Someone who works little defensively is now going to morph into a tackling midfielder. Seriously over rating Hazard’s passing if you think he can play midfield for Pep as well.

I don’t know where every one is getting these ideas from, I guess FIFA because you surely can’t come up with it by actually watching matches.
I think you need to learn to read. I said we need another play to play LW, not RW. That means I'm saying Mahrez plays RW... I don't know how you misunderstood that.

As for David Silva's position, I presume you don't understand how we play, David plays as our #10 in our midfield 3, he is almost always more advanced than Kevin. Mahrez and Hazard fit the profile of a #10 who can operate in that role. Pep can get them to increase their work rate to play that role, he has increased everyones work rates.

I think you need to learn to read. I said we need another play to play LW, not RW. That means I'm saying Mahrez plays RW... I don't know how you misunderstood that.

As for David Silva's position, I presume you don't understand how we play, David plays as our #10 in our midfield 3, he is almost always more advanced than Kevin. Mahrez and Hazard fit the profile of a #10 who can operate in that role. Pep can get them to increase their work rate to play that role, he has increased everyones work rates.

I meant to write LW where Mahrez would play if he joins. Was a typo not a misunderstanding. Mahrez would primarily rotate with Sane. If you think Mahrez would strictly play RW you are wrong.

I presume you don’t understand football if you think David Silva plays a #10 role in a midfield 3.

He is more advanced usually than Kevin but he is not a #10 that’s for sure. He tackles a lot and is all over the field.

Not sure on Mahrez but Hazard surely can’t play that position and it’s ludicrous to even think he would play there for us.

Either you don’t watch Hazard or you don’t watch David closely enough if you think Hazard can play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.