West Ham 2017/18

Really ?
Can’t recall City ever ‘boring’ under Pellegrini. Seems to go with attacking formations whenever he’s been also.

His final season was dire. Every attack was telegraphed, usually ending up with Navas or Kolarov twatting the ball low into the first defenders legs. We won games because we had good players, not because the were particularity well coached

I have not gone into games more or less knowing we would not win, yet in his last season there was at least 3. They were Leicester and Spurs at home. He had/has no flexibility whatsoever and we walked into counter attacks that the opposition set

I would go as far as saying that West Ham are likely to get relegated with him as manager such was his lazy attitude to coaching, tactics and developing players. Set-pieces were another area, we didn't look like we had ever set up on how to defend them and had very little idea on how to make the most of them in attack

On top of that, he appears to value a hierarchy in the squad. Bony played no matter what in-front of Ianacheo, for example. He also runs players into the ground.

His final season was dire. Every attack was telegraphed, usually ending up with Navas or Kolarov twatting the ball low into the first defenders legs. We won games because we had good players, not because the were particularity well coached

I have not gone into games more or less knowing we would not win, yet in his last season there was at least 3. They were Leicester and Spurs at home. He had/has no flexibility whatsoever and we walked into counter attacks that the opposition set

I would go as far as saying that West Ham are likely to get relegated with him as manager such was his lazy attitude to coaching, tactics and developing players. Set-pieces were another area, we didn't look like we had ever set up on how to defend them and had very little idea on how to make the most of them in attack

On top of that, he appears to value a hierarchy in the squad. Bony played no matter what in-front of Ianacheo, for example. He also runs players into the ground.

Thats a great summation of the Pellegrini era at City.

Thought he was pretty shit for the majority of his time at City and based on that he could be a disaster for West Ham. But then looking at lots of the work he did prior to joining us (and indeed in his first season with us) he could do ok. Should be interesting to see which version of Pellegrini they get.

Pep’s first season shows you how hamstrung Pellegrini was with the squad during his last season, although he did run out of ideas during the last few months.

Good luck to him at West Ham. No an easy situation to inherit but he’s a good manager and an exceptional people manager.

took pep a season to get a tune out of some of them player pellers had

but dont think this is going to end well as supporters pissed off before he's started

Pep’s first season shows you how hamstrung Pellegrini was with the squad during his last season, although he did run out of ideas during the last few months.

Good luck to him at West Ham. No an easy situation to inherit but he’s a good manager and an exceptional people manager.

Spot on. We all know that Pep is a better manager but even he struggled with that squad. Pellegrini will be arguably the fourth best coach in the league, if West Ham can add a few good additions I'd expect them to finish around 8th in the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.