General Videogame Thread

There's a fair difference in processing power which is bound to be more evident over the coming months when developers get to grips with the machines.

The OneX has an advantage of having 2 trillion floating operations per second more than the PS4 Pro. 6TFLOPS OneX and 4.1TFLOPS PS4.

The OneX bandwidth of 326 GB/s over the PS4 218 GB/s is also significant and gives a further graphical advantage that will probably become apparent in the coming months.

The OneX has a 12GB GDDR5 compared to the PS4 Pro 8GB GDDR5.

The above will make it far easier for the OneX to display games in native 4K at 60fps which is the aim. The PS4 is struggling to do that and displays many games at 30fps.

Additionally, for the movie buff and audiophile the OneX offers UHD 4K Blueray and Dolby Atmos whilst the PS4 Pro offers only standard def Blueray.

If you can afford the extra £100 then get the One X. Its a no brainer.

As I say mate I have the X but I'm really disappointed at the games and especially the exclusives. Sea of Thieves was a terrible game and there's no other exclusives to look forward too.

Sea of Thieves is brilliant.

Erm...

It's very nice to look at, and great fun if you are with 3 mates, but if you think a brilliant game is one where you do the same 3 things over and over then you must be mad.

I've been playing it since early Alpha and not a lot has changed in over a year.What we saw back then is near to dammit exactly what they released. For 50 quid. An update this week adds crews, whoop, and let's us know when the content update will be. it's all a bit meh.

Erm...

It's very nice to look at, and great fun if you are with 3 mates, but if you think a brilliant game is one where you do the same 3 things over and over then you must be mad.

I've been playing it since early Alpha and not a lot has changed in over a year.What we saw back then is near to dammit exactly what they released. For 50 quid. An update this week adds crews, whoop, and let's us know when the content update will be. it's all a bit meh.

I'm having great fun with it. Its a social game, made many friends and had some epic battles and chases with the Skull fort keys and some great banter and laughs along the way.

I can see it would be a little empty without the interaction and at the moment it may not be for those that don't want to search for fun crews and chat online.

What you played in Alpha is what was said would be released. If you didn't enjoy Alpha not sure why you bought it.

I still say that its a great game and I'm having a hoot with it, as are the many people I play with and chat to.

As I say mate I have the X but I'm really disappointed at the games and especially the exclusives. Sea of Thieves was a terrible game and there's no other exclusives to look forward too.
I have both PS4 and XBO and I have to agree with you about the exclusives. My XBO is now a gloried TV stream box - other than three or four exclusives, there's really no reason to own one if you already own a PS4 (which does have a fair few decent exclusives.

So far I think that this generation has been pretty disappointing. Every other games seems to be a remake, there's the whole loot-box crap, you now have to pay to play PlayStation online and there just seems to be a real lack of original and compelling games titles. There was good reason to own all the consoles in the last generation because of the variety of games and the many exclusives, but I don't feel that with this generation.

I have both PS4 and XBO and I have to agree with you about the exclusives. My XBO is now a gloried TV stream box - other than three or four exclusives, there's really no reason to own one if you already own a PS4 (which does have a fair few decent exclusives.

So far I think that this generation has been pretty disappointing. Every other games seems to be a remake, there's the whole loot-box crap, you now have to pay to play PlayStation online and there just seems to be a real lack of original and compelling games titles. There was good reason to own all the consoles in the last generation because of the variety of games and the many exclusives, but I don't feel that with this generation.
It will be interesting to see what Sony do next PS5 will have to bring more than flashy graphics. I still love world of Warcraft on PC, yes it’s 13 years old but the pull of it is terrible, new expansion is out in August and no doubt I’ll buy into it for my yearly 6 month fix, graphics are dated but it’s the depth of the game, so much to do, pick up and play is good now and then but I think if you want a long term game it’s PC for me.

It will be interesting to see what Sony do next PS5 will have to bring more than flashy graphics. I still love world of Warcraft on PC, yes it’s 13 years old but the pull of it is terrible, new expansion is out in August and no doubt I’ll buy into it for my yearly 6 month fix, graphics are dated but it’s the depth of the game, so much to do, pick up and play is good now and then but I think if you want a long term game it’s PC for me.
I have Elite Dangerous on PS4 (waited specifically for that version, rather than upgrading my PC or getting it on XBO), and that too will have around a 10-year life-span, I reckon. I think that consoles will start to think more about long-term games; the likes of Overwatch *which is kind of like the new Team Fortress), PUBG and Fortnight might well go that way, and we've already seen it with the console versions of Minecraft.

I have Elite Dangerous on PS4 (waited specifically for that version, rather than upgrading my PC or getting it on XBO), and that too will have around a 10-year life-span, I reckon. I think that consoles will start to think more about long-term games; the likes of Overwatch *which is kind of like the new Team Fortress), PUBG and Fortnight might well go that way, and we've already seen it with the console versions of Minecraft.
Elite dangerous is the bain if my life like you I waited for the PS4 version but I can’t dock the thing to save my life, done it a few times more luck than anything and gave up, it’s not exactly noob friendly, I know people get HOTAS but I just can’t be bothered if I’m honest.

Elite dangerous is the bain if my life like you I waited for the PS4 version but I can’t dock the thing to save my life, done it a few times more luck than anything and gave up, it’s not exactly noob friendly, I know people get HOTAS but I just can’t be bothered if I’m honest.
Docking can be a pain at first. I had real problems, however practice on the docking tutorial for about an hour and you'll get used to it. Otherwise go to any major space station and buy a standard docking chip for 4500 credits. Once you install it fly to any other station, request docking and with about 2-3km to go slow down and the auto pilot will kick in and land you safely.

Also while in auto pilot it plays the classical song The Blue Danube by Strauss which is in the film 2001 A Space Odyssey which is pretty fucking cool!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.