Patrick Roberts - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reported £15m valuation is much more than I expected. Great for us.

He had one good season for Celtic, was injured most of this season and when he was fit he wasn’t playing much.

Offer him in part for Mahrez and everyone is happy.

Pep is a great coach,full stop.

He gets the best out of any player,irrespective of their talent or standing.If you need proof,which you really shouldn't......then have a look at our squad and name me a player that hasn't improved since his arrival.

In regards Roberts,i don't agree with your argument as,while he is talented,i don't believe he has the same ability,attitude or ceiling as Mahrez - i dont see him as a City player.Even if i'm wrong,developing him will take time and,while we have incredible momentum,the squad needs to keep improving hence our rumoured interest in Hazard and Mahrez.
What was Mahrez doing at 21? Roberts is far more advanced than Mahrez at the same age.

Not really sure how you have come to the conclusion that Roberts doesn't have an attitude as good as Mahrez, especially when Mahrez spent a lot of time sulking when he didn't get his transfer.

What was Mahrez doing at 21? Roberts is far more advanced than Mahrez at the same age.

Not really sure how you have come to the conclusion that Roberts doesn't have an attitude as good as Mahrez, especially when Mahrez spent a lot of time sulking when he didn't get his transfer.
Mahrez wanted the opportunity to prove himself,Roberts ran away from it.

In all fairness, he only missed 2 games 31st January/3rd February and was a mainstay before and thereafter. None of us is privy to what promises were made/broken between the parties, and from what I've read on the Leicester forums, he was a model of consistency to the end of the season.

If Fulham come up, he should try and go there, they play football the right way, and he knows the club.

Thought about that, too, but in his mind would he consider that progressing or regressing? West Ham would be a 'big' club and see him closer to home, while Leicester would make sense if used as part of any Mahrez deal. I imagine we'd be keen for him to go to Leicester, but I think he'd prefer to make the decision. In the article I posted earlier he talks about deciding in July:

"When the time comes we'll see. I'll enjoy the summer and the rest of this season and when it comes to July, kick on from there."

It depends on which narrative you are using to support your argument , and how do you know what level Mahrez was at when 21 ?

It could possibly be construed that you are trying to build a defence of Roberts because you prefer him over Mahrez, but perhaps you have followed Mahrez from a young age ?

Thought about that, too, but in his mind would he consider that progressing or regressing? West Ham would be a 'big' club and see him closer to home, while Leicester would make sense if used as part of any Mahrez deal. I imagine we'd be keen for him to go to Leicester, but I think he'd prefer to make the decision. In the article I posted earlier he talks about deciding in July:

"When the time comes we'll see. I'll enjoy the summer and the rest of this season and when it comes to July, kick on from there."

Wherever he goes, it needs to be more challenging than being at Celtic - that is for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.