Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to write LW where Mahrez would play if he joins. Was a typo not a misunderstanding. Mahrez would primarily rotate with Sane. If you think Mahrez would strictly play RW you are wrong.

I presume you don’t understand football if you think David Silva plays a #10 role in a midfield 3.

He is more advanced usually than Kevin but he is not a #10 that’s for sure. He tackles a lot and is all over the field.

Not sure on Mahrez but Hazard surely can’t play that position and it’s ludicrous to even think he would play there for us.

Either you don’t watch Hazard or you don’t watch David closely enough if you think Hazard can play there.
You do realize that kinda is where the Number 10 plays, right?

There were times this season when Dave played pretty much as a 2nd striker. High up as we hemmed teams back. In those games, Hazard would have been a far better options. As he is an actual support striker. He doesn't have Dave's passing, but he is more like to disrupt defensive shapes by attacking it with his dribble.

He is not going to be Dave, just like Kev is not Peak Yaya. The position will be played differently. It doesn't mean pthe player can't play it.

Maybe he can do a job there against the lower table bus parkers but I don’t see him being a real option there as Gundogan is.

You do realize that kinda is where the Number 10 plays, right?

That’s why I said usually. Can you really say that Dave plays the #10 role for us??? The answer is no.

Yes he play there’s at times in some games but he is much much more than a #10 in the current set up.

To say he plays #10 role for us is like saying Fernandinho plays CB. I.e a ridiculous statement.

top signing if true... proven prem player and will be happy with squad rotation..
superb

Pep could have gone for potential like We did For Sane or Jesus but looks like he wants someone who is well experienced for PL and can push on towards next level in his career with better players around.
Okay with it.
Not a bad signing by any means.
He and Jorginho are targets and I hope we wrap these deal as soon as possible and be done with it

Mahrez wouldn't cost as much as Bailey, plus he has the much needed experience, we need to find a balance between youth and experience, I wasn't a fan myself but after lookng at the comparison matrix, I think Mahrez would be an excellent addition

Experience of course meaning proven (best player in PL on title winning side + CL experience). I also think Pep wants to add a more clinical finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.