New Arsenal manager(Unai Emery)

Sly sports getting giddy about Emery and his record at PSG. Haven't their pundits spend most of this season saying that Pep has it easy and that anyone could lead City to the title with all the money we have spent.

By what logic are Arsenal, needing a real reboot, under the impression that £50m is a sensible tfr budget? This is seriously deluded for a club that has the highest match day takings in the world. The thread celebrating ourselves as a comedy club is brought to mind....

Crash course in English! :-o

A journalist in today's Daily Telegraph mentions that Emery cannot speak English at all. It's not an insurmountable problem, of course, but at such a big club, with so many media duties, and a need to quickly win over an already sceptical fan base, it will only add to his problems.

100% sure I’ve seen him speak English a few years ago at. Europa press conference when Sevilla manager.

Emery's english is far worse that his french.He'll need a translator for a while.Good luck to him though

He's got a good record. I don't think going to PSG was the best career move, though

I can see them struggling in the league, like this season, but doing well in the Europa league, like this season. Maybe they should have kept Wenger......

giphy.gif

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/emery_board

It's a smart choice for Arsenal on the one hand since he is sure to raise the intensity of the squad which has flattered to deceive for a while. However, Unai himself is leveraging his abilities at a high profile job despite versus a club managed like a corporation that is in no rush to spend. Especially since he made it clear he wanted European football but it's true that he is unlikely to find a club with the talent level of Arsenal that you could argue should be competing in Europe soon enough

I think it'll be interesting there. Players like Wilshere and Bellerin will have to up their game or sit indefinitely

A much option than giving an inexperienced Arteta the job (although he has made a contribution when part of the coaching staff at City)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.