Mikel Arteta

You reckon? Arsenal is a fantastic job for any manager. They had become a laughing stock for one reason only: Wenger
No, l cant agree with that. Sure, Wenger has to take some of the blame, but the Arsenal hierarchy are just as guilty. Some examples:
Forcing out Dein, who was effectively their director of football.
Adopting a business model which put match day takings above sponsorship in financial importance, hence all the money spent on the stadium. They forecast that , outside the main sponsor, there was no real money. Thay didnt see the pre-eminence of the prem on world wide tv. (They have changed their tune now.)
Large divis going to the owners ahead of the team.
A bonkers transfer policy, viz buy a lot of players who are just below top standard, rather than fewer top top guys.
Wage policy that paid players too much and miscalculation of Prem's own FFP rules.They have sold several to avoid sanctions. Arsene said " if i had known ffp would have this effect, i would have voted against it" (simple maths would have helped him forecast).
Failure to plan for contract renewal, with several running out at once.
Etc etc

So not all Wengers fault.

arsenal-fan-tv-2-960x540.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Some of that maybe true, but from a footballing point of view Wenger had a great squad at time and just couldn't get his team to defend, and it undermined everything.

You reckon? Arsenal is a fantastic job for any manager. They had become a laughing stock for one reason only: Wenger
And their owners? that's not an additional MAJOR reason as well ? forced into selling players whose contracts had run down ?
The club is geared to finish top 4 at best, not to win titles. That comes from the top.
By the way, I'm not sticking up for Wenger, cant stand the prick, especially re all his hypocritical comments re our wealth and how our club is run.
He deserves to be miserable and so does his former club.

best news all round for all parties.

Arteta to young and not got the experience.

He is in a great position at city, huge club and going forward, imagine the trophies he can put to his name. When the pep era comes to an end who knows what level Arteta might be at. If he loves football and success a few more years at city is the place to be and work with some big names.

Good news. For us as a club but also for Arteta personally I think. He will have time to learn more from Pep and hopefully be in a position to takeover from him when he eventually leaves.

Exactly the way I like to see it. Arteta looks like the perfect one to succeed Pep in 2-3 years.
It’ll keep Vieira out of his original goal within the CFG, so he might leave NYC to start his own career as a manager.

Arteta is not a top level manager. He's a manager in waiting. Maybe he gets the City job in time, if he is good at what he does. But if he wants a job now, then Arsenal is a fantastic job for him.

Let me just quote you back Marvin.

Arsenal is a fantastic job for any manager.They had become a laughing stock for one reason only: Wenger

Now you're saying it's a good job for a guy who's never managed before in his life (not true anyway), but that's not "any manager" is it?

Any established coach would and has turned them down, which is why they've had to pick up Emery on the rebound from getting fired, and it seems like several would-be coaches like Arteta and Vieira identified a poisoned chalice when it was presented to them.

I'm glad Arteta is staying. Wouldn't it be great to add Lampard too to the coaching staff.

Isn't Lamps being lined up by Ipswich?
I know. That's what brought it to mind. He's got great potential- wouldn't it be great to groom him for a future role rather than him trying to learn by his own mistakes in a noneforgiving level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.