West Ham 2017/18

IMO the reason he did well in that first season was because he had the Mancini team with a strong organisation basis, especially in defence. He is a really nice bloke and the football in that first half a season was fantastic but he would have struggled with all the parked buses we face week in week out now.

I agree with other comments that he doesn't improve players a great deal and will need to be more pragmatic with the quality of players at West Ham rather than playing on the front foot.

I wish him well at West Ham and just maybe that will be one less team to park the bus when we play them.

Good luck Pellers. I like the fella, but if he'd had stayed at City, I could easily have stopped my season card. We went from 70% win rate to 50%. Not sure how much of the Pep factor caused that fall, but I hated football in his last season.

Best of luck to him, a nice bloke. Was great in that double winning season. Will never forgive him for buying Bony over Dybala tho.

Good luck to both West Ham and Pellegrini. Pellers will improve them

Last edited:
He got us playing more attacking football in his first season. This combined with his contacts at City could we use wham as an alternative loan team?

Whatever, good luck Manuel

I wonder who'll be our first home match in the random fixtures draw now...

Good luck to him.

He did a great job at City, improving on the faults Mancini had allowed to creep in & getting us attacking with much more purpose, for one season.

He will attempt to play attacking football, which is potentially much better for the Premier League than anything Moyes has ever done, & his one dimensional offside trap, which is useless at the top level, might be good enough for the next level down.

He is able to set his team out to play with a 'big' cf, so, if his attacking transfers are limited, he could still make something out of what they have & he's used to working with old, slow defenders, often by choice.

He still has to find some creativity from somewhere (other than Yaya) in order for his system to work, so his whole future probably depends on a good transfer window.

But in football terms he is the Chilean Harry Redknapp, so it could work.

If I was a West Ham fan however, I would be wary that he has just completely fucked up the job in China in spite of having very decent recources, comparitively better than he'll have at West Ham.

As the manager of Villarreal and Malaga he did very well with very limited funds. And he is able to get the right players in that will suit West Ham, having manages in South America and Spain.
He knows the PL and that helps a lot for being a foreign manager.
IMO this could turn out to be a very decent fit.
However West Ham will never beat our song about him being brought in by the Sheik in his Lamborghini...

Best of luck to him and nice bloke but west ham are not manchester city or a top 10 team and don't have much quality or money to spend to keep the fans happy. and the myth about fans wanting a good football style and they will go home happy even if you lose ??? the truth is its the results that fans really want winning at any cost is all that matters to fans and nobody will really cares if west ham win 1.0 vs manchester city or united or liverpool and finish in the top 6

west ham are chancing a dream that they have a good footballing history and play football in the right way hahah but i never ever seen it at west ham they was hard to beat away and at the old ground it was a nightmare and they would kick and fight you and always had a big hard hard man up front and play long ball and with the fans right on top of you it was the atmosphere that many feared when going to wast ham the fans would win them more points than most the team

now in a big new stadium its not the same and the fans don't scare anybody and the atmosphere just not there so the team has to be good and its not. i don't think pellegrini will last a season and if not for mancini team at city and pep going to munich i think he would and gone well before the 3 seasons

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.