Eden Hazard

Seems strange if we bid for Mahrez in January & if we sign him now, that Pep actually wanted Hazard yet is not willing to even wait a few weeks after the season to try & get him, even when Abramovic is struggling to get a visa & Chelsea have no confirmed manager for next season.

Not even given it two weeks.

Unless he actually never wanted Hazard at all & actually wants Mahrez & it was all complete and utter bullshit.

It's not just him at Chelsea, but c'mon man. You buy a 100 mil plus player, he had better be doubt free. Hazard is not. He's clearly talented, I've never disputed that. But he's all about himself and isn't a team leader. The best comparison I can offer is he's a higher quality Nasri(in terms of his attitude and how it affects performance at times)

Let's not forget him and his dad/agent completely shafted us by agreeing a deal and then shifting the goalposts.

I get why lots would salivate at the prospect of having him in the team, but it's a no from me.

:-)

Doubt free is generally a tall order but that's what club's scouting operations are partly there for. City do their homework so if they do want him, I'm comfortable on that score.

I don't care what happened six years ago.

I have no problem with you or anyone else being a "no" but I continue to disagree with you on that and most particularly your assessment of his season (based on the facts presented).

Seems strange if we bid for Mahrez in January & if we sign him now, that Pep actually wanted Hazard yet is not willing to even wait a few weeks after the season to try & get him, even when Abramovic is struggling to get a visa & Chelsea have no confirmed manager for next season.

Unless he actually never wanted Hazard at all & actually wants Mahrez & it was all complete and utter bullshit.

Does seem odd but maybe he wants them both (!) or maybe something has changed or...

Not too keen on Hazard. Never seen a player capable of being so incredible and so awful in the space of such a short time. To dominate English football we need consistency.

Does seem odd but maybe he wants them both (!) or maybe something has changed or...

or maybe we do have £300m to spend but as suggested won't spend it unless someone makes a move happen...so perhaps Hazard would always be a bonus that if it happened he'll just be added in, if not well our core business will be taken care of anyway.

I don't think it's that strange mate. Why are you so sure Mahrez is an alternative to Hazard?
Mahrez is a good rotational option for the wings, a strong competitior for Sterling and Sane.

Hazard, on the other hand, is an archetypal Guardiola's 'false 9' who would replace Aguero with the latter departing to Atl Madrid. Using EH on the wings just to stretch the play would be a waste of resources.

The first transfer is quite easy to execute, the second one is hardly possible. I'm not sure these 2 deals are interconnected.

Just my thoughts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.