Women's team - Clinch Champions League spot with 3-0 win over Everton

A great goal, showing that women are getting physically stronger every year.

Well done everyone. A good ending to what has been a disappointing season. A time to rethink and strengthen the whole set up starting with new management. The current management have done okay but have reached as high as they ever will do. If City women want to get better and become a top English and European team a new management structure is urgently required. One, which knows what is needed when going behind and shows a positive presence when the team are in difficulties. Ordinary managers can provide enthusiasm when winning, the real challenge comes hen you are not doing so well.
My thanks to the present management team for past efforts but time to move onwards and upwards!
CTID

Well done everyone. A good ending to what has been a disappointing season. A time to rethink and strengthen the whole set up starting with new management. The current management have done okay but have reached as high as they ever will do. If City women want to get better and become a top English and European team a new management structure is urgently required. One, which knows what is needed when going behind and shows a positive presence when the team are in difficulties. Ordinary managers can provide enthusiasm when winning, the real challenge comes hen you are not doing so well.
My thanks to the present management team for past efforts but time to move onwards and upwards!
CTID

100% agree we were crap this year and team choices left a lot to be desired

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Given that Aluko was vindicated, not sure what that says about Christiansen...

Was more concerned by Christiansen (and others) sychophantic sucking up to Phil Neville as soon as he was linked to the England job - it was pathetic.

What was annoying about this season is that I believe we're better than Chelsea. But there seems to be a huge mentality and fitness problem that we can't shake, combined with dodgy team selections. I feel like this season has been reminiscent of the respective men's teams from last season. No matter how good we were, we were always in line for a dumb performance somewhere down the line that'd cost us dearly and then there were just games where our heads weren't in the game whatsoever. Credit Chelsea for their consistency, and it's clear that they wanted it more. For all of Nick Cushing's qualities I do worry he's a bit soft in terms of his mental side of management.

Hopefully this will give the team a much needed kick up the backside.

What was annoying about this season is that I believe we're better than Chelsea. But there seems to be a huge mentality and fitness problem that we can't shake, combined with dodgy team selections. I feel like this season has been reminiscent of the respective men's teams from last season. No matter how good we were, we were always in line for a dumb performance somewhere down the line that'd cost us dearly and then there were just games where our heads weren't in the game whatsoever. Credit Chelsea for their consistency, and it's clear that they wanted it more. For all of Nick Cushing's qualities I do worry he's a bit soft in terms of his mental side of management.

Hopefully this will give the team a much needed kick up the backside.
I agree mate , looking at the fixtures we set off flying , won the first 17 games in all competitions, which included a semi final (Conti Cup) away at Chelsea . The first points we dropped was the league game at Chelsea (0:0) then after a couple more wins seemed to hit a wall a bit , after a run of 1 home game (after 7 away in all competitions) in 10 games from 6th Dec to 21st Feb, some seemed to look tied. I think we need to start using the squad a bit more , as some players did look tied and seemed to lose interest , maybe because they knew their names are always in the starting line up !

Aw well it wasn't our best season but maybe to be expected losing our best player. Still great we got 2nd to be in CL next year, and brilliant that we got to the semi this time. Unfortunately not seen us as much as I'd like. But definitely sure we're still on the right track, we had a few big injuries and I believe the team is in a bit of transition, wish the WSL wasn't so restrictive - and perhaps unjustly I share some of the management concerns - but I'm sure we'll get back to our very best soon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.