It's quiet... summer 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hazard would improve the team and it would probably be great for Sané and Sterling to learn a few things from him, more so than any other options we've been linked with because he's operated at an elite level for years now where others haven't yet.

Having said that just because we want him it doesn't mean we'll get him, Chelsea aren't stupid they see the gap between us and them this season and him going to City or any other rival for that matter could be disastrous for them domestically. Then there's the wages he would command but if he did want to come to City he should already know we pay more than fairly but we don't get silly with it, the extra has to be earned in bonuses by proving his mettle for the team.

If the price is too high or he makes silly wage demands that will upset the harmony we've worked so hard to create then we walk. I think a lot of people are assuming this is already the case without anything to back it up yet. It wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the case but it could be that he wants to be a part of this squad and will be sensible about what it will take to make that happen and stay here.

If we do end up going with Mahrez there's plenty of positives to look at, firstly Leicester want to sell now and they know he wants to come to City so I don't think they will take the piss and accept a fair offer this time. I also don't think Mahrez will make too many demands in wages, playing time(ensuring our young forwards progress nicely with plenty of playing time) or any other special demands Pep places on him. Perhaps what's also overlooked is that he(along with Jorginho) will be a lot more rested when the preseason rolls around with no World Cup football to play.
Would he improve the team? Not if he doesn't play for the team and for 2 of the last 4 seasons he's stunk the place out.

Mahrez knows where the net is
We need more ways of scoring
He adds another dimension
If Leroy or Sterling get a big injury we have options in bernado and mahrez

Likewise Jorginho means fern isn’t only option in that role

Quality squad will mean even more consistency

Think only hazard or mbappe being available will change anything
If we need to go big we can but I really don’t think we want to

It’s more about Europe now though

We have sussed it at home just need final push in CL and can’t see that being a target man

I don't share the same confidence. The board are making the right noises but we have to keep developing. Young players will keep on improving of course but we need to expect a tougher season and better performances from our rivals. We blew all away last season but we start again and I really want this City side to win back to back league titles. Throw in a CL as well and it would be the end to any doubts about this being the greatest premier league side of all time.

Is he reliable? Don´t want Hazard so that`s great news if it`s true. I wish that Roberts could be given playing time in the preseason, before eventually being sold though. Going to Celtic for a year might not have been the best solution for his development, but could still become a good player

Is he reliable? Don´t want Hazard so that`s great news if it`s true. I wish that Roberts could be given playing time in the preseason, before eventually being sold though. Going to Celtic for a year might not have been the best solution for his development, but could still become a good player

yeah very reliable

Went to double check when MCRJON had last logged in just in case.. been almost a year to the day now. Had some fun doing a quick little photoshop -- thought you guys might enjoy this (it'll be me for the next 2.5 months):

eIdi342.png

I wish that Roberts could be given playing time in the preseason, before eventually being sold though. Going to Celtic for a year might not have been the best solution for his development, but could still become a good player
It was a totally useless season for him. He was rotational before getting hurt and then missed about 3 months and remained rotational afterwards.. but played even less than before the injury. He has the raw talent, but he does not have the drive in him that is necessary to succeed at City right now. Getting rid is definitely the right decision and if it means Mahrez being cheaper then it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.