Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'd have thought it was the other way round, having our name put in the frame would push the price up.

Even take Zaha for example. Hodgson can't turn to him and say "dont go to (Everton for example) as City will move for you soon" as Zaha's agent will know our business is done.

Even take Zaha for example. Hodgson can't turn to him and say "dont go to (Everton for example) as City will move for you soon" as Zaha's agent will know our business is done.
No but equally they cant say to Everton, City are interesred you need to match our valuation and sign him before City do. And his agent cant say to Everton pay what we want because City will and Zaha wants to work with Pep.

Still think we need a striker/ forward but does signing Mahrez as an attacking midfielder mean we wont.
We only play one so who out of Aguero and Jesus does another striker replace. Mahrez will be our only addition to our front line.

Still think we need a striker/ forward but does signing Mahrez as an attacking midfielder mean we wont.

In a conventional sense you are right. But we are hardly short of goals are we? - it seems Pep prefers goals from across the squad.

'his form dropped'

Is there actual evidence of that? He missed two games around the transfer widow's close and the ensuing brouhaha, but once he started playing again he kept his place and performed well, from what I saw.

Some Leicester fans might want to paint him black, understandably so when they know he is seeking to leave, but if his form had indeed dropped, then he would surely have been out of the team at some point.
I'm going off Leicester fans comments there, is it not fair to say it's not been one of his better seasons statistically though? That would be enough bring the price down by most evaluations these days. I did see a couple of games where rather than the menace he usually is, it seemed he was going through the motions for a while.

Ok I've just checked... not a bad season compared to his other seasons bar the title win but that's only because his numbers were so low in his first season and last season. In fact seasons 14/15(4 goals and 3 assists in 30 appearances) and 16/17(6 goals and 4 assists in 36 appearances) have only strengthened the case that we shouldn't pay over the odds to get him.

It seems some of you are being overly sensitive on the price matter by the looks of it. His form did drop at least for a little while(I remember watching a few of those games) and he showed a bad attitude which forced him out of the starting line up... that's enough to bring the price down for any buying club with any sense. If they ask over £50m we walk for my liking.

Last edited:
Have you checked or are you just guessing there? Prove it at least if you're going to try and be the authority on it. I was genuinely asking if anyone had checked there, pointless answering a question on statistics without any statistics.

Actually forget it seems some of you are being overly sensitive on the price matter by the looks of it. His form did drop at least for a little while(I remember watching a few of those games) and he showed a bad attitude which forced him out of the starting line up... that's enough to bring the price down for any buying club with any sense.

no it isn't, the price will be what Leicester want to sell at. End of. No manner of hypothetical adjustments by people on a forum will adjust the selling clubs mentality.

no it isn't, the price will be what Leicester want to sell at. End of. No manner of hypothetical adjustments by people on a forum will adjust the selling clubs mentality.
Can you reply to the edit... sorry about that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.