Injury Lawyers For You.

Two Gun Bob

I was walking along the street last year and I fell down a pothole.I was nearly limping for three days but the thought of making a claim never entered my head until I was mass marketed by dozens of Injury lawyer for you claim companies.I quite rightly declined.

So have you ever been injured in an accident or had an injury that wasn't not your fault.
Maybe suffered from "proper" whiplash as a result of someones negligence and did you successfully make a claim.Maybe you've been on an all inclusive holiday and suffered food poisoning through no fault of your own.How does everyone see the way our accident claims are going and also what can be done to stem the flow of any bogus claims if there ever was such a thing ?

Last edited:
The "legal market" was in effect deregulated in 1986 allowing lawyers to advertise for work. It was warned then that the UK would become a litigation led society and we would mirror the US experience which ultimately would lead to "ambulance chasers" and an increase in insurance costs for us all. The free marketeers said this wouldn't happen and won the argument ...... 'nuff said

It's as easy way to get money so no surprise really.
I can't see a way for it to be reversed unfortunately but more needs to be done to weed out piss taking claims while at the same time honest claimants getting what they are rightly due.

A mate has claimed for whiplash 3 times. I was in the car with him on the last "accident", rear ended, I say rear ended I could have coughed a bigger dent, and he looked at me as if I was mad/ stupid when I told him I wouldn't claim.

Easy 2k each time. Per person.

It's as easy way to get money so no surprise really.
I can't see a way for it to be reversed unfortunately but more needs to be done to weed out piss taking claims while at the same time honest claimants getting what they are rightly due.

the market was opened up to claims - as a result there are whole departments set up to deal with third party claims at tremendous costs - to repudiate such claims be they scurrilous or not adds to that costs so its easier to bung someone £2k and save money - pay a driver £2k or spend £5k+ on a successful defence - no brainer for the insurer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.