City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much easier can it be for season ticket holders to return tickets than it is. Many do and there are a few of these available for most games right up to the game.. We don't use ticket agencies.
The only way to get new fans in in numbers is to extend and offer new fans the chance to buy the new cheaper tickets first and where they can get groups together. Until that happens there isnt a lot that can be done.
We do use ticket agencies they buy blocks of seats and quite often dont sell out leaving empty seats
Some season ticket holders dont see any reason to resell as they so cheap any way .
Youngsters are not goingvto pay £40-£50plus for most games
Sections of the ground should be set aside for mates who want to sit together

We do use ticket agencies they buy blocks of seats and quite often dont sell out leaving empty seats
Some season ticket holders dont see any reason to resell as they so cheap any way .
Youngsters are not goingvto pay £40-£50plus for most games
Sections of the ground should be set aside for mates who want to sit together
Sections cant be set aside until we expand. Ticket agencies may buy and sell corporate packages but they don't buy blocks of normal seats there wouldnt be any full blocks that don't have season ticket holders.

We have the same problem to an extent as West Ham. They get 56,000, but if five seats are empty on a row it stands out a mile on TV. Stadium built for comfort and athletics - quite a bit of leg room. Our stadium was built with football in mind later on - thanks to Franny, but we still have a similar issue to West Ham. At Anfield, the seats are closer together and you won't notice five empty seats in a row - even though they're empty. We have an attendance to capacity ratio over 98 per cent, which is pretty good. Unfortunately, we have fans trying to buy tickets being told 'Sold out', and yet there are 'business deal' seats (corporate etc) not being taken up although sold.

Sections cant be set aside until we expand. Ticket agencies may buy and sell corporate packages but they don't buy blocks of normal seats there wouldnt be any full blocks that don't have season ticket holders.
Go on any football ticket site and you can get as many tickets for the Etihad as you want and they are not corporate

We have the same problem to an extent as West Ham. They get 56,000, but if five seats are empty on a row it stands out a mile on TV. Stadium built for comfort and athletics - quite a bit of leg room. Our stadium was built with football in mind later on - thanks to Franny, but we still have a similar issue to West Ham. At Anfield, the seats are closer together and you won't notice five empty seats in a row - even though they're empty. We have an attendance to capacity ratio over 98 per cent, which is pretty good. Unfortunately, we have fans trying to buy tickets being told 'Sold out', and yet there are 'business deal' seats (corporate etc) not being taken up although sold.
Our support can not be faulted at Maine Road we were geting around 33.000 .Now 54.000.

I envy the lucky season ticket holders who have the opportunity to watch us at home but then don’t go, each to their own though. I would happily pay someone for their seat if they couldn’t make it. There has to be a way around just leaving seats empty and people missing out.
Many have valid reasons why they can’t go but to not pass the ticket on to a mate or at least put it up for exchange is wrong when so many want tickets but are told the game is SOLD OUT. If they leave their seats empty for three games or more they should have it taken off them and that ticket lost to SC and be out on General Sale for a season.

Again, that’s if the seat is empty, not if the ticket holder just didn’t go.

What is taking so long with this expansion of the ground? Didn't Soriano ask the question on his arrival why it hadn't been done and say it would give the fans a better price for tickets...
All this empty bullshit is just that bullshit sold out every game playing the best football in the league
Napoli have a 60 odd thousand seater stadium and average 37000 every home game do they give a fuck I think not what is wrong with people in charge at this club forever dragging their heels....
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_S.S.C._Napoli_season

Build and they will come!!
Inter 80000 stadium, average 43000
Milan same stadium, average 36000
Barcelona 99000 stadium, average 72000
Madrid 85000 stadium, average 70000

We have a 54000 stadium and I reckon the true average is about 51000. If people just passed their tickets on to mates or family members when they can’t turn up that’ll put the average up to about 53000 and then all you’re talking is just the stupid rows or chunks of empties we get that the club do daft things with (what that is I do t know but they aren’t SC holders not turning up).

Many have valid reasons why they can’t go but to not pass the ticket on to a mate or at least put it up for exchange is wrong when so many want tickets but are told the game is SOLD OUT. If they leave their seats empty for three games or more they should have it taken off them and that ticket lost to SC and be out on General Sale for a season.

Again, that’s if the seat is empty, not if the ticket holder just didn’t go.

i have said it before on this thread and will say it again, this is a stupid and vindictive idea.

We have a 54000 stadium and I reckon the true average is about 51000. If people just passed their tickets on to mates or family members when they can’t turn up that’ll put the average up to about 53000 and then all you’re talking is just the stupid rows or chunks of empties we get that the club do daft things with (what that is I do t know but they aren’t SC holders not turning up).
Think the club has a couple of blocks reserved for comps.charities.ticket agencies sometimes they turn up sometimes they dont

Good stats those, proves from a business point of view that you don't always have to sell out but to have the potential of a bigger attendance is more important. An empty seat cost "zero".. A seat you could have sold that isn't there loses £50 !

The averages will always be below the capacity by a percentage due to a number of reasons. I would say if Etihad current capacity was 58,000 our average this season would have been 56,000. More so these day due to all the different agencies selling tickets the capacity is difficult to reach.

By the time we extend to 62k we will sell out 50% of the time and average around 58k so will boost revenue. In another 10 years time when we have cleaned up all the trophies and dominated 62k wont be enough.

This is what our owners are looking at the future, unlike those American owners in Salford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.