Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think that was possibly a mention of the best money would get him? Not how we roll any longer!

If you go back to the time, Fred and his agent were "City this/City that", it was only when we didn't pull the trigger at the time that they started hedging their bets and started talking about other clubs.

So at the time, we could have done this or nailed it down had we really wanted to.

We didn't, we put it on hold and then the agent started getting trigger-happy with other clubs which probably then did them no favours at all.

I thought Tolm said we dropped our interest in Fred after it became apparent we needed someone who was excellent on the ball at defensive midfield.

If you go back to the time, Fred and his agent were "City this/City that", it was only when we didn't pull the trigger at the time that they started hedging their bets and started talking about other clubs.

So at the time, we could have done this or nailed it down had we really wanted to.

We didn't, we put it on hold and then the agent started getting trigger-happy with other clubs which probably then did them no favours at all.

Similar to Sanchez? Nobody could argue that Sanchez was one of our top targets in Summer and Jan transfer window but we moved on and when we didnt feel we were getting value....Maybe Fred is/was our No1 target but feel Jorginho offers better value?....We are now a club that wont throw money around, even for our top targets. Think its impossible for any of us to say whether Fred or Jorginho is our top target but trust Pep whoever we bring in...

Rather get him than Fred. Might be a "romantic" notion but I'd rather we sign someone whose agent does not open the door for United.

Also sends a great message players and their Agents. You want to play for City? Fine, but if you or your Agent starts flirting with other clubs you can both fuck off.

I've seen very well respected posters on here coupled with very good journalists all mention that Fred was THE target in Janaury. If you want to be obtuse and deny it that's fine. But there's sufficient enough evidence to suggest it.
Have you ruled out the possibility such media coverage was in fact a distraction to our real target? Hence why it would appear we have swooped in for Jorginho with little competition

Similar to Sanchez? Nobody could argue that Sanchez was one of our top targets in Summer and Jan transfer window but we moved on and when we didnt feel we were getting value....Maybe Fred is/was our No1 target but feel Jorginho offers better value?....We are now a club that wont throw money around, even for our top targets. Think its impossible for any of us to say whether Fred or Jorginho is our top target but trust Pep whoever we bring in...

I wouldn't say similar to Sanchez as he was prem proven and the circumstances of his contract meant he held ALL of the cards in the Jan window, not the buying club or the selling club. Had we bid for Fred, he'd gladly have come in Jan. We didn't feel any urgency and that's worked against Fred by the look of it.

Let's remember some top managers in their pomp like Ferguson and Wenger used to take 2-3 years before actually pulling the trigger on some of their targets. Players like Yorke for the rags or Nasri at Arsenal were linked for window upon window. The managers were happy to sit and watch for consistency. I get the impression this would be Pep. It will be rare we'll rush into deals unless they are an absolute steal, but if Fred is going to cost 30 mil plus, he'd still cost that a window or two later so I think we as a fanbase need to get used to the fact we'll play a long game with certain players. Weigl comes to mind, we may never buy but we're into a 3rd window of looking at him.

Have you ruled out the possibility such media coverage was in fact a distraction to our real target? Hence why it would appear we have swooped in for Jorginho with little competition

Don't know about little competition. Seems the rags and chelsea are interested and dippers seemed to think they were in for him as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.