Eden Hazard

He would never decide on mahrez unless hazard is not happening, which seems to be the case now. You're desperately trying to save your own face because you know you'd rather laughably pick mahrez over hazard even if the latter was available. Like I said, as long as the actual decision makers aren't thick enough, it's all very well.

'Save my own face' lol.

i wouldn't give a flying fuck either way. I've been wrong about 100s of things & right about plenty. And if we sign Hazard, I'd just see the positives in it.

But basically, if we sign Hazard I somehow 'lose face' but if we don't sign Hazard (which we won't) I 'lose face' ?

So if we don't sign him you are ok telling people they are idiots.

You're more up your own arse than Mourinho.

There's a HUGE difference between a pure winger that is comfortable only playing 'outside' (Sane), and a player that feels himself in tight spaces like a fish in the water. Sane can't 'eclipse' Hazard as he'll never possess EH's certain qualities. Either you have that specific vision and skills to play through the middle or not, you can't train Bale, Sane or Ronaldo to play centrally like Messi or Hazard.

Right now City lack the ability to penetrate through the middle, to hold the ball in congested spaces under pressure better. Rewatch Liverpool games if you think otherwise.

I don't think we lack any ability apart from converting crosses personally. We scored 9 goals against Liverpool & had two more perfectly good ones disallowed.

I think Sane will soon be a better player than Hazard albeit different. In the same way KDB & Ronaldo are better than Hazard.

There's a HUGE difference between a pure winger that is comfortable only playing 'outside' (Sane), and a player that feels himself in tight spaces like a fish in the water. Sane can't 'eclipse' Hazard as he'll never possess EH's certain qualities. Either you have that specific vision and skills to play through the middle or not, you can't train Bale, Sane or Ronaldo to play centrally like Messi or Hazard.

Tierry Henry says hi!

Hazard is undeniably one of the best players in the world, and has been playing for one of the best teams in the world.

Mahrez, hasn't. But it's easy to imagine his stats being pretty similar, if he does. On a decent season, he has matched Hazard & matched him last season, in spite of all the 'downing tools' shit.

Hazard PL:
12/13: P34 Gls 9 Assts 14
13/14: p35 Gls 14 Assts 9
14/15: p38 Gls 14 Assts 10
15/16: p31 Gls 4 Assts 4
16/17: p36 Gls 16 Assts 5
17/18: p34 Gls 12 Assts 4

Mahrez PL
14/15 p39 Gls 4 Assts 3
15/16 p37 Gls 17 Assts 10
16/17 p36 Gls 6 Assts 4
17/18 p36 Gls 12 Assts 10

But we should not underrate our own players, who are much younger than both & imo will be as good or better than both.

Sane PL
17/18 p32 Gls 10 Assts 15

Sterling PL:
16/17 p33 Gls 7 Assts 11
17/18 p33 Gls 18 Assts 11

Gabriel Jesus PL:
17/18 p29 Gls 13 Assts 3

Last edited:
Hazard is undeniably one of the best players in the world, and has been playing for one of the best teams in the world.

Mahrez, hasn't. But it's easy to imagine his stats being pretty similar, if he does. On a decent season, he has matched Hazard & matched him last season, in spite of all the 'downing tools' shit.

Hazard PL:
12/13: P34 Gls 9 Assts 14
13/14: p35 Gls 14 Assts 9
14/15: p38 Gls 14 Assts 10
15/16: p31 Gls 4 Assts 4
16/17: p36 Gls 16 Assts 5
17/18: p34 Gls 12 Assts 4

Mahrez PL
14/15 p39 Gls 4 Assts 3
15/16 p37 Gls 17 Assts 10
16/17 p36 Gls 6 Assts 4
17/18 p36 Gls 12 Assts 10

But we should not underrate our own players, who are much younger than both & imo will be as good or better than both.

Sane PL
17/18 p32 Gls 10 Assts 15

Sterling PL:
16/17 p33 Gls 7 Assts 11
17/18 p33 Gls 18 Assts 11

Gabriel Jesus PL:
17/18 p29 Gls 13 Assts 3

Your final point is a great one. On paper, we don't require either if everyone is fully fit and firing.

But at the tempo we play, we kind of rode our luck in that department this season and most of our injuries ended up being defenders or short term around intl breaks.

But our current crop have performed better than anyone we are looking at right now considering their profiles.

Your final point is a great one. On paper, we don't require either if everyone is fully fit and firing.

But at the tempo we play, we kind of rode our luck in that department this season and most of our injuries ended up being defenders or short term around intl breaks.

But our current crop have performed better than anyone we are looking at right now considering their profiles.

Totally agree but I'd say we were even more jammy injuries wise. We had Sane and Sterling both out for a bit but never at the same time. Aguero and Jesus seemed to spend almost the whole season with one being out and one being fit. If any of those mentioned had been injured at the same time we'd have been in a pickle. Not to mention if we had suffered injuries to KDB or Ferna, with Silva spending time in Valencia we could easily have been in a very different position.

I'm often the first to wield stats (which really should be called performance indicators) out in a debate and I have not problem with the context in which these are being used. However, as much as I am sure Mahrez can be a better player at City, I think the same is true of Hazard and who would have the most potential is not clear cut but I think Hazard's ceiling would be higher. However, if you choose to believe, as I do, that Hazard was Pep's first choice but he has quickly decided to move on because he wants things settled before the World Cup, it becomes a pointless debate. I think, in this instance, Mahrez would be a fantastic consolation prize; especially as signing Hazard was far more a case of hope than expectation. I'll be delighted if City can get Mahrez this time round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.