City Special (Sky Sports PL)

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?
I think people are misremembering when the “oh no” was said, and perhaps by who.

Watch back the Liverpool away portion of the Centurians special and you will hear a very dread-filled “oh no”, I believe as Ilkay scores our third. I actually remember it being said during the live match viewing. I believe the commentator couldn’t suppress his worry that we would manage a comeback for a draw that would destroy the “Liverpool are better than City” and/or “City can be gotten” nonsensical narratives.

Anyone know who that was (I don’t think it was Tyler)?

Edit: Just watched that bit again and, strangely enough, I think it may have been Gary Neville who said it.

Last edited:
I think people are misremembering when the “oh no” was said, and perhaps by who.

Watch back the Liverpool away portion of the Centurians special and you will hear a very dread-filled “oh no”, I believe as Ilkay scores our third. I actually remember it being said during the live match viewing. I believe the commentator couldn’t suppress his worry that we would manage a comeback for a draw that would destroy the “Liverpool are better than City” and/or “City can be gotten” nonsensical narratives.

Edit: Just watched that bit again and, strangely enough, I think it may have been Gary Neville who said it.

Which I imagine would back me up more that why would Neville be arsed who won in a game between city and Liverpool! We need to grow thicker skin as a fan base, slightest thing and we cry like girls.

I've seen it. It's Neville and he says "Oh!", as in "Oh, that's interesting!". I think the Agenda Merchants' heads will spin off en-masse when they realise who it was.

Which I imagine would back me up more that why would Neville be arsed who won in a game between city and Liverpool! We need to grow thicker skin as a fan base, slightest thing and we cry like girls.
Whilst I support the growing of thicker skin (so many benefits, especially if you play football on concrete pads or motorbike), I already made the case why Neville might have inadvertently shown his bias with the “oh”.

He is as invested in not having to praise City to the high heavens as the next Sky pundit—likely more so. As much as United supporters might feign that they still despise Liverpool more than us, as they are their “historic rivals”, I have it on good authority that within United our success is absolutely hated, as they see their power, status, and influence slowly being syphoned away, something that is not actually happening with Liverpool. They’ll do anything they can—even to the point of supporting Liverpool in media and administrative exercises against us, if need be—to disrupt our forward progress.

Not surprising, then, that prominent former players would want to perpetuate negative, derisive City narratives.

I've seen it. It's Neville and he says "Oh!", as in "Oh, that's interesting!". I think the Agenda Merchants' heads will spin off en-masse when they realise who it was.
Not sure I would categorize that utterance in the guise of “oh, how interesting that!” (the latter part was to cover the real nature of the instinctive response). If you are hearing a similar sounding “oh” on a regular basis in your own life I would suggest really interrogating its meaning. ;-)

Last edited:
Just watching it again, and I love Redknapp junior's comment re. Aguero; "the difference between him and Harry Kane is that he'll win a lot of trophies". Ouch!

It wasn't, it was when Mane got sent off for his Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon move

I preferred the 100 goals show.

It just shows how special this team really is,no one in the league is even close.

Well, anything that stopped City running away would be in his interests as a Utd fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.