Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were 100% in for Fred. We had agents sat there together in a room trying to work out a deal together. His is Gilberto Silva, the ex Arsenal player. He was over in England trying to do it, but City quickly realised Shakhtar weren't gonna play ball with reasonable prices and the deal went cold entirely. Personally, I prefer Jorginho so I can't complain!

We were 100% in for Fred. We had agents sat there together in a room trying to work out a deal together. His is Gilberto Silva, the ex Arsenal player. He was over in England trying to do it, but City quickly realised Shakhtar weren't gonna play ball with reasonable prices and the deal went cold entirely. Personally, I prefer Jorginho so I can't complain!

The height was an issue with Fred for me. Fernandinho makes more defensive headers than anyone else in the side, and that would have been a real weakness if he was taking on his role.

For United it's not a problem as he'll play next to Matic and Pogba.

Jorginho will be excellent, I can't wait to see how the battle for spots in the midfield turns out next season, the competition and quality of players we have there is incredible.

I really like the decision making process we have where we walk away from a deal if the fees are beyond our expectations.

Money is all well and good to a player but if their heart isn't really in it then it seldom works out, look at Pogba and Sanchez, both coining it in but they really don't look arsed.

I really like the decision making process we have where we walk away from a deal if the fees are beyond our expectations.

Money is all well and good to a player but if their heart isn't really in it then it seldom works out, look at Pogba and Sanchez, both coining it in but they really don't look arsed.

Tbh i think this was more between City and Shakhtar than Fred, but yeah, agreed in general!

Sounds good, but it seems Jorginho will cost more than Fred !

Can't really get excited by the prospect of signing Jorginho, but I'd take him over Fred every day of the week. Milinkovic Savic is the best midfielder going this summer but it appears that many clubs are vying for his signature and it will likely drag on right to the end of the window. I'm not sure that a deal for Jorginho is anywhere near as close as some people seem to think. Italian clubs are a nightmare to deal with and De Laurentiis will make it as painful as possible for us. Mahrez looks a lot closer.

There hasn't been a big signing made yet by any major European club. That first big signing will set the direction of the market. United, Real Madrid and Chelsea all look set to spend big and their actions could inflate prices dramatically. It makes sense for Napoli to hold out until they get a feeling for the market,

Last edited:
Feel like we decided to go for this type of player after seeing how Gundogan did in the deep midfield role. Looks like one of his big strengths is making a quick decision and popping off a first time forward pass, something Gundogan was doing very well in the games we were setting passing records. Fernandinho for all his strengths sometimes dwells on it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.