When will City pass Utd's revenue?

Who cares, we're miles better than them where it matters, on the pitch.

we should look at it this way we are not in it for glory or to be called the biggest club in the world. i was born a manchester city fan and like marriage for richer or poorer and til death do we part and they will bury me a manchester city fan. so why do you need to be called the best or biggest its love that is bigger than anything

we should look at it this way we are not in it for glory or to be called the biggest club in the world. i was born a manchester city fan and like marriage for richer or poorer and til death do we part and they will bury me a manchester city fan. so why do you need to be called the best or biggest its love that is bigger than anything
because you want to see your team do well, or did you prefer the suffering? Some did

We'll never catch United.

They will remain at the top, they have too much power in football, will always attract the biggest sponsors, with the best sponsorship deals, have too much positive media presence, have to much say in running football here and in Europe, will always attract the best players, and have too many fans around the World.

The only way we will reel them in over time is by continually being successful, while they continue to falter, but that can't continue forever. Football is ebb and flow.

Our future aims should be to keep Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs away from us, and try to catch Bayetn Munich. It pains me to say it, but to do that we need to win the CL, and to an extent become one of the UEFA cartel clubs. I feel sick at the thought.
As an aside, guess who has just been charged with FFP violation? AC Milan.

I dug out 2010's revenue figures:

City 125m
Utd £286m

City had 43% of Man Utd's revenue. Now it's >80%.

We're not likely to ever surpass them in terms of global appeal anytime soon. We'd have to be at the top of the game for the next 20-30 years and for them to have one hell of a barren period for that to change significantly. At a local level it's changing and City will continue to appeal to kids growing up in Manchester in a way that has happened for generations.

In all honesty though, do we really need to be bigger than them? If we can spend circa £160m net every summer and break even then that in my view is the edge we have over them, whilst they need to make huge profits just to be able to service the debt and at the same time under huge pressure from an expectant supporter base to be competitive on wages and transfer fees. A tough balancing act. In the next few years City will no doubt see their income and profits increase which will simply strengthen that position. Just keep doing what we're doing and the rest will take care of itself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.