Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The height was an issue with Fred for me. Fernandinho makes more defensive headers than anyone else in the side, and that would have been a real weakness if he was taking on his role.

For United it's not a problem as he'll play next to Matic and Pogba.

Jorginho will be excellent, I can't wait to see how the battle for spots in the midfield turns out next season, the competition and quality of players we have there is incredible.

I'd quite like to see Dinho deployed in a more advanced role at times next season, assuming we do get Jorginho and he hits the ground running. Always feel like he offers us something different going forward. His attacking abilities are underrated. Not to mention Dinho/Jorginho can be played together if we ever felt that we needed more protection in the midfield.

It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens to Gundo. If a genuinely good offer comes in for him, I wouldn't be upset to see him go. If the plan is to still bring Bernardo into the central role, I feel we're more than covered without him. He's a solid option, I just feel he doesn't offer quite enough at either the CM or DM positions.

Last edited:
I'd quite like to see Dinho deployed in a more advanced role at times next season, assuming we do get Jorginho and he hits the ground running. Always feel like he offers us something different going forward. His attacking abilities are underrated. Not to mention Dinho/Jorginho can be played together if we ever felt that we needed more protection in the midfield.

It will be interesting to see what ultimately happens to Gundo. If a genuinely good offer comes in for him, I wouldn't be upset to see him go. If the plan is to still bring Bernardo into the central role, I feel we're more than covered without him. He's a solid option, I just feel he doesn't offer quite enough at either the CM or DM positions.

I don't think Pep will bring Bernardo inside this season at least. He wants 2 for each position and if he's serious about Foden playing more next season than Jorginho+Mahrez gives us that. Similarly I think that while Gundogan is not indispensable like a lot of our players, he is someone Pep likes a lot and has pretty much delivered whenever asked - he's turned up big in some crucial games too, like Barca away last season, Napoli away and Spurs away when we desperately need that win to stop the run. I just can't see Pep getting rid of him.

I'd actually love to see Gundogan+Jorginho play together a few times. Firstly because it's no coincidence all those record setting pass and possession games involved Gundogan, he just passes and moves constantly, and Jorginho is a similarly incessant passer. The other reason is I love Gundogan's late runs into the box that he's scored from a few times and Jorginho is really good at delivering that chip over the defence.

If Jorginho, Silva & Gundogan ever played together at home vs. a lower half of the table team I think we would see 90% possession. It might not be the most entertaining game we ever play but would be interesting to see how far possession can be pushed.

I don't think Pep will bring Bernardo inside this season at least. He wants 2 for each position and if he's serious about Foden playing more next season than Jorginho+Mahrez gives us that.

I'd love to see Gundogan+Jorginho play together. Firstly because it's no coincidence all those record setting pass and possession games involved Gundogan, and Jorginho is a similarly incessant passer, and secondly because I love Gundogan's late runs into the box and Jorginho is really good at delivering that chip over the defence.

You are correct, in my opinion, about Bernardo not being deployed in the 2 '8' positions any time soon.

From what I hear, the technical and mental requirements that we work on at the CFA means the entire team revolves around KDB and Silva in those 2 positions,
I was pretty amazed at some of the stuff I heard they have to do and think of 'in game', and shows why the wingers especially are usually quieter in games that Gundogan for example fills in for one of them
I think we will end up purchasing a player for the position when Silva leaves or really winds down this time next summer, and they'll be the most important signing of Peps era at City

You are correct, in my opinion, about Bernardo not being deployed in the 2 '8' positions any time soon.

From what I hear, the technical and mental requirements that we work on at the CFA means the entire team revolves around KDB and Silva in those 2 positions,
I was pretty amazed at some of the stuff I heard they have to do and think of 'in game', and shows why the wingers especially are usually quieter in games that Gundogan for example fills in for one of them
I think we will end up purchasing a player for the position when Silva leaves or really winds down this time next summer, and they'll be the most important signing of Peps era at City

I think Foden has the capability to play that role. Pep has never deployed him wide despite him playing wide right for the u17s in the world cup. He sees him as fitting that advanced central position.

I think Foden has the capability to play that role. Pep has never deployed him wide despite him playing wide right for the u17s in the world cup. He sees him as fitting that advanced central position.

That's also a good plan but he is so, so young.
He has indeed only seemed to play that position when he comes on and will benefit from having the requirements and expectations drilled into him every day for the next 3/4 years anyway

That's also a good plan but he is so, so young.
He has indeed only seemed to play that position when he comes on and will benefit from having the requirements and expectations drilled into him every day for the next 3/4 years anyway
with the squad depth we have i think silva can continue to play at a high level for another 2 or 3 seasons at least....plenty of time for foden to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.