City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club have got to look at the bigger picture. The extra tier will add no capacity for gigs and will likely mean we can't stage gigs for at least one Summer. Therefore it will be useful only for Football. As we are now, we wouldn't fill it. It's got to make money and be beneficial

The club have got to look at the bigger picture. The extra tier will add no capacity for gigs and will likely mean we can't stage gigs for at least one Summer. Therefore it will be useful only for Football. As we are now, we wouldn't fill it. It's got to make money and be beneficial

So you sacrifice one year of concerts. 5 concerts?

We would fill the Etihad if 'our fanbase pricing was right'.

SS level 3 is full for most games. And the away seats in SS level 3 often get filled when the away team don't take their full away allocation.

Expanding the North stand is another statement of intent. It's another step in the journey of the club.

Expanding the Etihad then makes it a Europa League final stadium. Or even a CL final stadium.

Then you build the Etihad Campus and Collar Site entertainment centre around it.

I swear down! Jesus, Lord, hear my prayer!

You won't find a better stadium and surrounding area in European football. Maybe even in World Football?

But until Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson, and the board accept we don't have the fanbase to pay £55-£60 matchday tickets to fill the Etihad on a regular basis, then there is no point in expanding Etihad. Expand the Etihad, price matchday tickets between £25-£35, or on a par with season ticket match prices, and we will fill an expanded Etihad.

The choice is this.

Keep the Etihad as it is and continue charging current matchday ticket prices.

Expand the Etihad and make matchday ticket prices cheaper, and on a par with season ticket matchday prices.

There is no PL or club rule that states matchday ticket prices have to be more expensive than season ticket matchday prices.

Unfortunately nobody on BM knows how the board, and those directly in charge of ticket prices, make those decisions.

If it's like for like, and comparable with the other big PL clubs, we have now reached that parity after 10 years of being own by Sheikh Mansour.

SS level 3 is full for most games. And the away seats in SS level 3 often get filled when the away team don't take their full away allocation.

Expanding the North stand is another statement of intent. It's another step in the journey of the club.

Expanding the Etihad then makes it a Europa League final stadium. Or even a CL final stadium.

Then you build the Etihad Campus and Collar Site entertainment centre around it.

You won't find a better stadium and surrounding area in European football. Maybe even in World Football?

But until Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson, and the board accept we don't have the fanbase to pay £55-£60 matchday tickets to fill the Etihad on a regular basis, then there is no point in expanding Etihad. Expand the Etihad, price matchday tickets between £25-£35, or on a par with season ticket match prices, and we will fill an expanded Etihad.

The choice is this.

Expand the Etihad and make matchday ticket prices cheaper, and on a par with season ticket matchday prices.

There is no PL or club rule that states matchday ticket prices have to be more expensive than season ticket matchday prices.

Unfortunately nobody on BM knows how the board, and those directly in charge of ticket prices, make those decisions.

If it's like for like, and comparable with the other big PL clubs, we have now reached that parity after 10 years of being own by Sheikh Mansour.
Do as you suggest and you re-engage with the local fans that have been priced out. Those that celebrated the parade last week. If Pep wants a rocking Etihad every week to match our fantastic away support then what you suggest is exactly the way the club should go - everyone a winner. Fans, the team get home support at another level, the club still increase their revenue.

The choice is this.

It's a nice idea. But we can't expand the stadium right now. The transport and traffic is shocking enough as is, we should pay to remodel the whole area imo.

It's a nice idea. But we can't expand the stadium right now. The transport and traffic is shocking enough as is, we should pay to remodel the whole area imo.

That isn't the clubs problem.

They might take part in discussions, etc, but the city council and tfgm are ultimately in charge of transport in Gtr Manchester. That includes matchday's.

Do as you suggest and you re-engage with the local fans that have been priced out. Those that celebrated the parade last week. If Pep wants a rocking Etihad every week to match our fantastic away support then what you suggest is exactly the way the club should go - everyone a winner. Fans, the team get home support at another level, the club still increase their revenue.

Yes.

There were 100,000 City fans at the parade.

Even if you factor out those fans that wouldn't go to a match, or to a match on a regular basis, there must have been in the region of 60-000 to 70,000 fans at the parade who would go if ticket prices were cheaper, and, and, if tickets were easier to get hold of.

Yes.

There were 100,000 City fans at the parade.

Even if you factor out those fans that wouldn't go to a match, or to a match on a regular basis, there must have been in the region of 60-000 to 70,000 fans at the parade who would go if ticket prices were cheaper, and, and, if tickets were easier to get hold of.
Exactly my point. It’s such a massive opportunity to engage with the local 15 - 25 support which would pay dividends for the next 50 years. Pep made more comment about the home support when he signed his extended contract so it is clearly an issue that is playing on his mind. Extending the north stand and incentivising local support through value match tickets would ensure a full and bouncing Etihad.

as my poorer family members put it, charge £250/£300 a season and they're more likely to buy hundreds of pounds of extras throughout the season, and buy drinks/food etc on the day

Not entirely true. Yes there are more people that earn more than in Manchester for Spurs and London clubs to tap into. But there are a lot of people in ordinary jobs such as health care, shop workers that are a lot worse off than similar workers in the North, they won't be on much more wages and living costs are much higher many have no hope of owning a home of any kind, so they can't afford Spurs or Arsenal, Chelsea prices either and ordinary fans are priced out more than ours are.

I understand that. The point is Spurs can price out a lot of people and still fill their ground because of the overall supply of well-off punters. City are not in that position, and unless the economy of the North West booms in a way one can hardly envisage, I can't see that changing.

as my poorer family members put it, charge £250/£300 a season and they're more likely to buy hundreds of pounds of extras throughout the season, and buy drinks/food etc on the day
No way? Me and my wife can't afford the current season tickets, we're not flush. We're definitely not going to pay the prices they charge at the ground for drinks and food, asda all the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.