Eden Hazard

I'm often the first to wield stats (which really should be called performance indicators) out in a debate and I have not problem with the context in which these are being used. However, as much as I am sure Mahrez can be a better player at City, I think the same is true of Hazard and who would have the most potential is not clear cut but I think Hazard's ceiling would be higher. However, if you choose to believe, as I do, that Hazard was Pep's first choice but he has quickly decided to move on because he wants things settled before the World Cup, it becomes a pointless debate. I think, in this instance, Mahrez would be a fantastic consolation prize; especially as signing Hazard was far more a case of hope than expectation. I'll be delighted if City can get Mahrez this time round.

It's also not impossible Mahrez' performance might have been better than Hazard's, if he'd been playing for Chelsea.

Neither are guaranteed to improve on what we have already imo, but this would be Mahrez' big chance to be a genuine top player, & do it at a top club wheras Hazard is pretty much guaranteed he could go straight to another, if he walked out on City, due to his profile at Chelsea.

Probably, but Mahrez actually packed it in for a period.

The point I'm making is, that Mahrez' stats aren't that far off Hazard but he has been playing for Leicester.
It was a joke to be fair.

It could be argued that Mahrez numbers are better.
Hazard PL:
17/18: p34 Gls 12 Assts 4

Mahrez PL
17/18 p36 Gls 12 Assts 10

It was a joke to be fair.

It could be argued that Mahrez numbers are better.

Yeah but Mahrez has had two duff seasons out of 4 wheras Hazard only one since he arrived.

But Hazard has played in absolute top sides with top managers & top players.

I really think it shows what a shit deal we get from the media when you compare our young players to both though.

Hoddle has already declared Sterling shouldn't start in the World Cup, after he's arguably had a better season than Mahrez did as p.o.t.y.

Would love to have Hazard in our side; but can't see Chelsea trading him to us.

It's also not impossible Mahrez' performance might have been better than Hazard's, if he'd been playing for Chelsea.

Neither are guaranteed to improve on what we have already imo, but this would be Mahrez' big chance to be a genuine top player, & do it at a top club wheras Hazard is pretty much guaranteed he could go straight to another, if he walked out on City, due to his profile at Chelsea.

I think Hazard is the more gifted player but happy for Mahrez to make me change my mind if he joins us.

Daamn Hazard at this club would be a dream come true for me. Even though he is regarded as one of the best players in the league he is still underrated by most IMO.

Hazard would probably cost twice that of Mahrez. Not sure he is twice as good although I think Hazard with the right manager will become a world beater. Anyway it isnt over till the fat lady sings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.