Eden Hazard

In what way is he more gifted than David Silva!? Does he paint brilliant oil paintings, or play guitar like Jimi Hendrix? It can't be anything involving a football that's for sure!
Haha I agree, Hazard is a world class player but not in any way shape or form is he more gifted than Merlin for me Silva is better than De bruyne different players I know that but overall. David is our most consistent player, for me he’s in the top 5 players in the world easy and I wouldn’t swap him for anybody. Our greatest ever player of all time. Always said it Silva is another level compared to hazard tactically with the brain basically one step ahead of him not many have got what David has them players are rare.

Yeah but Mahrez has had two duff seasons out of 4 wheras Hazard only one since he arrived.

But Hazard has played in absolute top sides with top managers & top players.

I really think it shows what a shit deal we get from the media when you compare our young players to both though.

Hoddle has already declared Sterling shouldn't start in the World Cup, after he's arguably had a better season than Mahrez did as p.o.t.y.
I think it's hard to compare, yes Hazard plays in a better team but playing in a better team that's expected to win also means other teams set up differently than they would against a team like Leicester. Hazard is often highlighted too in most managers team talks as a focal point/target to nullify on top of the ultra defensive team tactics. With Chelsea this season and under Mourinho the whole team seemed unhappy with the tactics, he's alluded to the type of football he likes himself. It's also easier to look good in smaller team than it is to be playing in a top4 side, the champions league and so on where the expectations are so high and still stand out for years as Hazard has done.

To be fair Mahrez hasn't had the opportunity to pass that test yet, so you can hardly hold it against him. I think Mahrez is an unknown quantity in that respect but he'll certainly strengthen our attack either way. Hazard on the other hand would almost certainly improve us and IMO would possibly push us above the likes of Real, Barca and Bayern... although they might also strengthen too this summer so it's perhaps a tad too soon to call it.

The problem is securing Hazard will come at great difficulty and even greater cost. Chelsea might well be happily and deliberately wasting our time, so we either miss our other targets pursuing Hazard or even just to drive the prices up as the longer it goes on the more competition arrives.

Last edited:
In what way is he more gifted than David Silva!? Does he paint brilliant oil paintings, or play guitar like Jimi Hendrix? It can't be anything involving a football that's for sure!
I don't think it's right comparing a gifted forward with a midfield genius but Hazard can dribble at speeds Silva would struggle to match and has lethal finishing. Silva doesn't need to rely on his speed, he has his brain and wizardlike awareness of where the spaces are on the pitch, most importantly he is our drummer which sets the tempo(which is why we never play quite the same tune without him), he's also more focused on unlocking the killer pass than scoring the goals but he's started scoring more under Pep too.

I think it's hard to compare, yes Hazard plays in a better team but playing in a better team that's expected to win also means other teams set up differently than they would against a team like Leicester. Hazard is often highlighted too in most managers team talks as a focal point/target to nullify on top of the ultra defensive team tactics. With Chelsea this season and under Mourinho the whole team seemed unhappy with the tactics, he's alluded to the type of football he likes himself. It's also easier to look good in smaller team than it is to be playing in a top4 side, the champions league and so on where the expectations are so high and still stand out for years as Hazard has done.

To be fair Mahrez hasn't had the opportunity to pass that test yet, so you can hardly hold it against him. I think Mahrez is an unknown quantity in that respect but he'll certainly strengthen our attack either way. Hazard on the other hand would almost certainly improve us and IMO would possibly push us above the likes of Real, Barca and Bayern... although they might also strengthen too this summer so it's perhaps a tad too soon to call it.

The problem is securing Hazard will come at great difficulty and even greater cost. Chelsea might well be happily and deliberately wasting our time, so we either miss our other targets pursuing Hazard or even just to drive the prices up as the longer it goes on the more competition arrives.

If we are still serious about signing Mahrez, I don't believe we have even tried to sign Hazard.

A transfer of that level is of course a huge plan, not just a whim in the summer, which you give up, two weeks after the season finishes. If we were really in for Hazard then we would be fighting for him imo.

If we are still serious about signing Mahrez, I don't believe we have even tried to sign Hazard.

A transfer of that level is of course a huge plan, not just a whim in the summer, which you give up, two weeks after the season finishes. If we were really in for Hazard then we would be fighting for him imo.
Cue long drawn out transfer window concluding on the final day. :)

Hopefully we do our business before the WC as rumoured.

'Save my own face' lol.

i wouldn't give a flying fuck either way. I've been wrong about 100s of things & right about plenty. And if we sign Hazard, I'd just see the positives in it.

But basically, if we sign Hazard I somehow 'lose face' but if we don't sign Hazard (which we won't) I 'lose face' ?

So if we don't sign him you are ok telling people they are idiots.

You're more up your own arse than Mourinho.
I'm fine if we can't sign Hazard for contractual and other issues that come with a big transfer.

But if one's the type to claim that Mahrez > Hazard when the latter is possible to get, then I'm afraid one is nothing but a quintessential idiot.

Again, fortunately Mr. Pep and the actual decision makers aren't so thick enough so obviously tried for Hazard first, until finding out it can't happen and hence moving on to Mahrez AFTER that. There is a God.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.