David Silva's heir apparent...

Based on the current squad I agree with most on here that Bernardo looks to be favourite. I also see Foden as a longer term successor. Now here is my one from left field. I see a lot of gossip about Hazard. If we were able to get him I could see him sitting just a little bit deeper than he does for Chelsea and really taking on a Merlin role. Probably never going to happen but wouldn't it be nice if it did.

If Arteta goes into management, the op won't be on peps list as a replacement. Comparing the two is like comparing jesus to Ederson. There's nobody like silva in our squad and arguably the world.Bernardo would be best suited at present but even he isnt really like his name sake.grateful text it's harder to do out wide but he doesn't really get on the ball and ditate the tempo, he likes to get on the ball and back something happen, more similar to KDB than Silva.

Foden is the one, he has the technical talent, we just have to hope he learns enough from the magician in the next few years so that he can develop into his heir. It's going to take a lot of patience from him and everyone around him and the fans too as it means he may not be getting as much game time as he could get elsewhere for a few years yet but there's no better thing for his career than staying here and learning from silva every day in training. The fact he's a City fan helps us massively as it would be easy to say I want to play now and look to move on for most players. Silva's probably got 2/3 more seasons at the top, Foden will likely still be a teenager when Silva a leaves, if he spends those years learning from David Silva everyday he could be a ready made replacement, one of the best around and playing a key role for one of the best teams around before his 21st birthday.

Brahim to me looks like he has the closest skill set to Dave. Not sure he will be in the squad next year though......

I think KDB will eventually shift his position slightly and take up that role with another more defensive midfielder arriving this being said Bernardo could fill that position too.

Sterling probably doesn't have the touch in tight space and the vision required.

Sterling is a better passer than he's given credit for and he's good at recycling the ball as already stated. Also think he gets stuck in plenty and is also great at finding space. What I think is the thing we'd miss most compared to Silva is David's ability to play slowly in one moment then quickly in the next but with the same level of control and serenity. Even when he's playing the ball quickly it doesn't seem rushed and I've lost count of the number of times I've thought David has blown a chance only for the delay in making the pass to be absolutely critical in creating the chance. I think we miss that slower gear when he's not playing.

I see glimpses of it in BSilva and Foden (from the little I've seen him play) but I think asking Sterling to do it negates many of his strengths.

In my mind Sterling is more like Kevin but without the same kind of delivery from the deep wide areas. Raheem is better than Kevin at beating a player but they play with the same kind of energy

The only one remotely similar to Merlin is Bernado. Only problem is he doesn't have Merlins physicality. I think Dybala would be fricking amazing in our midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.