Kids Sports Days

Don't think primary school sports days have ever had any meaningful influence on a kids competitive nature. Just a nice easy day for the kids and teachers.

I went to my 4 & 8 yr olds sports day last year it was as competitive as when I was in primary school late 70's early 80"s.
If it was anything less I would ban my lads from taking part. Here's my youngest coming from 3rd to 1st to win the hurdles before falling over celebrating.

Do you make visitors to your house watch it too like wedding videos?

Cringeworthy!

Do you make visitors to your house watch it too like wedding videos?

Cringeworthy!
No I don't you prick I was just illustrating what kids sports days should be about. Competition so as our country may have some decent sportsmen/women in the future. Also unlike the OP kids school where winning is not an option I was showing that in some schools competition is encouraged. Now fuck off with your cringe worthy jibe you fucking Muppet.

Oh Oh. Sounds like someone finished last in their school sports day race and ended up with anger issues.

(only messin)

I went to my 4 & 8 yr olds sports day last year it was as competitive as when I was in primary school late 70's early 80"s.
If it was anything less I would ban my lads from taking part. Here's my youngest coming from 3rd to 1st to win the hurdles before falling over celebrating.

Top effort from the little fella, great to see.

My first sports day was when I was 4 also, I was a really quiet and shy kid, so my mum turned up hoping I'd actually try and take part and enjoy it. I ran 8 races, won 7 and got runner up in the other. Never even celebrated any of em, just collected my sticker like it was normal lol.

Wasn't as good when we went up to high school cos other good athletes from the area were there, and different hormone rates and height play a massive part at that age.

You'd always get kids who weren't as good at sport and would moan if they didn't win. Some knew they weren't gonna win but knew they had to take part. There's things we don't want to do in life, but we have to do them. Hiding kids away from adversity and challenges is only going to end in disaster. I was quite a bright kid, although very quiet. So I'd get good grades, but sport was my favourite cos I could silently shut the loud fuckers up who got more of the attention from staff and were always bragging about their ability. There will be thousands of other kids with that mentality, let them grow into being winners, not take that chance away from them.

Sport in schools is now diabolical full stop.

I remember some years ago going to a sport's day at my children's school (not in the UK) and they had the kids playing football without any goals/nets. Apparently the idea was that they should just enjoy taking part and there shouldn't be any winners/losers. Absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. The whole point of the game is to score goals!

Yet we do well at Olympics, Winter Olympics we win medals where we used to just go along for the experience, cycling we continue to do well in, rowing........
Beacause there are now funds available via the lottery for these sports, this is why we are now up there with the best, nothing to do with weather a sports day was competitive or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.