City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

There were 100,000 City fans at the parade.

Even if you factor out those fans that wouldn't go to a match, or to a match on a regular basis, there must have been in the region of 60-000 to 70,000 fans at the parade who would go if ticket prices were cheaper, and, and, if tickets were easier to get hold of.

To be honest I doubt that. Its not tough to buy tickets for matches and tickets for cup games take an age to sell out, even at low prices.

Its united syndrome to a certain extent of a few years ago. People feel the need to make an excuse for not going such as ticket prices etc but in all honesty, in a lot of cases, its just that people are prioritising different things.

Also another tier could result in the atmosphere becoming even worse as more fans are split between the south stand and cheaper seats of the third tier.

Last edited:
City are driving ticket prices up to match other clubs, we have had it good in the past with season ticket prices being lower than most, that will not be the case in the future! Expanding the ground will not change that. The only reason they will expand the North Stand will be for hospitality or revenue generation, not for cheap tickets!

This is a bit off topic but I thought this might be a good thread to pose my question in.

I'm coming to Manchester in August to study from Australia and obviously, as I read these forums, it is my dream to attend at least one City game at the Etihad. (Will make a nice change from watching games on my phone at 3am instead).

How difficult is it to get tickets? I would assume Premier League games would be the most difficult with early League Cup fixtures the easiest? Obviously seeing a premier league game would be the pinnacle, but at the end of the day I just want to see Manchester City play live in Manchester. And, would I need to purchase through a supporters club or does the club sell general admission tickets at the gate? Supply and demand for sporting matches in Newcastle Australia works a little bit differently so please excuse my ignorance!

Cheers for any help!

This is a bit off topic but I thought this might be a good thread to pose my question in.

I'm coming to Manchester in August to study from Australia and obviously, as I read these forums, it is my dream to attend at least one City game at the Etihad. (Will make a nice change from watching games on my phone at 3am instead).

How difficult is it to get tickets? I would assume Premier League games would be the most difficult with early League Cup fixtures the easiest? Obviously seeing a premier league game would be the pinnacle, but at the end of the day I just want to see Manchester City play live in Manchester. And, would I need to purchase through a supporters club or does the club sell general admission tickets at the gate? Supply and demand for sporting matches in Newcastle Australia works a little bit differently so please excuse my ignorance!

Cheers for any help!

Fixtures haven't come out yet, so no tickets available, but here is a general guide. Availablity will depend on the game, how much you are willing to pay, or just luck.

League Cup games are usually not a sell out but not always a great experience either, as City fans often can't be arsed they give a lot of the South Stand to away fans.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ball-news/buy-man-city-tickets-where-12776826

Cheers for any help!

The past 2 seasons tickets for nearly all league games have been made available at the start of the season. If you join the Cityzens scheme you should be able to get tickets for most home games. The exceptions might be the United and Liverpool games where I think you need to have had previous purchase history. The final home game usually sells out quickly too.

Also, some visiting teams with smaller travelling support (e.g. Watford, Bournemouth) usually hand some tickets back to City so tickets for these often become available a week or two before the match.

Cheers for any help!
You can either get citizen membership and you'll be able to either buy matchday tickets or s/c resales from the o/s. There are some are games that go on general sale, especially if away blocks are returned nearer the game. It's been a couple of years since my daughter used the general sale but when you buy a ticket you'll get a membership number so when tickets go to general sale for members with previous purchases you'll qualify for them too.
If you are planning a few games citizen membership costs £35 and gives you priority and £5 per game off your ticket, as well as 10% shop discount.

Thanks so much for the help! It doesn't seem anywhere near as daunting as first thought. Bring on the new season!

And don't forget.A traditional lunch in the Culture of the Northern Quarter. A walk from the City Centre along a historical canal, a couple of Cold tinnies in the World famous Mary d's, catch the band in City square, before watching the best footy in the whole world

Cheers for any help!

Let me know what dates if you’re defo coming over mate I’ll have my card available

And don't forget.A traditional lunch in the Culture of the Northern Quarter. A walk from the City Centre along a historical canal, a couple of Cold tinnies in the World famous Mary d's, catch the band in City square, before watching the best footy in the whole world

no, not near the canal. Beware the Pusher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.