Golf at Wentworth

br88

Europe's top golfing event, apart from the Open, is on at Wentworth this week. I've just noticed that four of the top ranked European players are giving it a miss. In fact two of them in Rose and Rahm are actually playing in Texas this week. The other two players missing are Stenson and Garcia. These guys play in America every week but surely they should support Europe's flagship event.

Europe's top golfing event, apart from the Open, is on at Wentworth this week. I've just noticed that four of the top ranked European players are giving it a miss. In fact two of them in Rose and Rahm are actually playing in Texas this week. The other two players missing are Stenson and Garcia. These guys play in America every week but surely they should support Europe's flagship event.

I read earlier in the week that in order to keep your US tour card you have to play each event at least once over a four year period.

Rose and Rahm would have lost their card if they didn't play in Texas this week, and Rose in particular wasn't too happy about it by all accounts.

Wentworth is the graveyard of many top players it seems over the years some Major winners found Wentworth a harder course than some of the British Open courses over the years. So no wonder some players are giving this a miss over the Texas event.

The top players play on the PGA tour because of the prize money and 3 of the majors are in America. The European tour is becoming a little bit of a backwater that they are trying to turn around with the Rolex tournaments.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.